I have to pay shipping fees back to seller. Why????

wolfwolf
Contributor
Contributor

I made a claim because of damaged item, I will get money back but I have to pay the return shipping. Why???? It was the fault of the seller not mine. 

I will get 57.- and have to pay for sending back about 30.- Is the the way it works???

There is no way to respond over Paypal they just ask me to send the tracking number otherwise I will not get my money back.

What shall I do?

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PepperMaupin
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the asthma issue.  They are trying to convince me that return shipping to China is very expensive and takes a long time so why don't I keep the item and they'll give me a $20 credit towards anything on their website.  Right, like I will ever buy anything from them again?  I've had 7 email correspondence from Amy <removed> who is the person selling this crap .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PepperMaupin 

@wolfwolf 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.