I got charged twice - and it's not the seller's fault!

AndrewScan_92
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I've been having a bit of an issue that's getting very annoying more and more everyday.

Last Sunday I bought a digital key on G2A and proceed with the paypal payment. I tried to log in to the website about 3 o 4 times before I was able to make the payment and, one of them, the page crashed and I had to start over.

Once I was finally able to log into my account, I noticed that there were listed two separate transactions for the same amount and I tried to reported it to the website, under the category "I have a billing issue" and then using the option "my problem is not listed" in order to write that I was charged twice by mistake. Surprise surprise, I've tried at least 6 times, in different times of the day and it keeps giving me the "Ops, let's try again" message all the time! I've also sent a message somehow (always related to billing issues) on Monday and I got completely ignored. I initially assumed that the second transaction would be voided and that the money was pending but they've been taken. I've also have the receipt from the website for one transaction which can confirm that the second charge was a mistake, but it's pratically impossible to contact somebody from the customer service (and I'm not gonna call and be charged for that).

It's a stupid amount of money and I don't care that much but I think it's a shame having such a bad structured website where they pratically make impossible any contact with the customer service - any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndrewScan_92 wrote:

Hi there, I've been having a bit of an issue that's getting very annoying more and more everyday.

Last Sunday I bought a digital key on G2A and proceed with the paypal payment. I tried to log in to the website about 3 o 4 times before I was able to make the payment and, one of them, the page crashed and I had to start over.

Once I was finally able to log into my account, I noticed that there were listed two separate transactions for the same amount and I tried to reported it to the website, under the category "I have a billing issue" and then using the option "my problem is not listed" in order to write that I was charged twice by mistake. Surprise surprise, I've tried at least 6 times, in different times of the day and it keeps giving me the "Ops, let's try again" message all the time! I've also sent a message somehow (always related to billing issues) on Monday and I got completely ignored. I initially assumed that the second transaction would be voided and that the money was pending but they've been taken. I've also have the receipt from the website for one transaction which can confirm that the second charge was a mistake, but it's pratically impossible to contact somebody from the customer service (and I'm not gonna call and be charged for that).

It's a stupid amount of money and I don't care that much but I think it's a shame having such a bad structured website where they pratically make impossible any contact with the customer service - any suggestions?

Are both the charges marked as pending? I recently had double charges where I pulled my PP debit card out too early at the point of sale and had to run my card again. I click "report a problem" on one of them and I was able to say "duplicate payment" as the problem and they showed me list of transactions including the duplicate asking me to pick the duplicate one. I did that, hit submit and boom I was instantly refunded. I was amazed. lol Where you able to choose that? Maybe try reporting the other transaction. Click "report a problem" in the payment details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AndrewScan_92
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, the money have been taken from my bank account.

When I "report a problem" and then select "I have a billing issue" I can only pick between "Incorrect transaction amount" and "subscriptions". if I click one and then cancel it appears "I want to report an issue that's not described which is the page that eventually always crashes.

Login to Me Too

AndrewScan_92
Contributor
Contributor

Eventually, I sorted it out myself (with the help of g2a, they were brilliant) - still waiting for paypal to give me an answer, just to show that "they care".

I'll try to use it as little as possible from now onwards. And no, dear forum emailer, I'm not gonna to accept any solution, since you didn't provide one :).

Login to Me Too

danai_kamvou
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me while I was using Booking. I contacted their support and they said that since there is only one payment that got through to them, they can't refund me, and that I have to contact the paypal support, but you say they never answered. The other 2 charges are pending from paypal. How can I resolve this? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.