I am the confusion.

HeadofCabbage

PayPal has taken $109 from my bank account, I did not authorize this nor was I aware. I called my bank and asked if they could help, they denied PayPal access to my bank account because they noticed PayPal has been doing this once a month for as far as they could see (90 days ago) a many months now. The money is withdrawn from my bank account but placed back a the next day. I haven't received the money back, it has been 3 days. I've tried to make a claim/dispute but received the response that I couldn't as it was money added to my PayPal wallet, though PayPal is telling me I owe them money being $109. My question is how do I go about getting my money back, are they allowed to do this and why are they able to do this? Because according to my bank they are not.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HeadofCabbage 

If it's once a month, it could be a subscription of some service that you may or may not have subscribed to or may have forgotten about. Regardless, PayPal would have sent you a receipt if it was a subscription and you would see a record of the transaction in your PayPal activity too so check there.

Check automatic payments:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HeadofCabbage

I have checked my subscriptions (which I forgot to initially check) nothing there and no receipts for a subscription, and no record in my transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.