How to claim my money back from a unauthorized transaction

TomDuong123
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,a few weeks ago,someone managed to log into my account,and steal my 20$ from my visa card.I did not know this until now when i logged back on after a few busy week of works.Is there anyway i can get this money back?
Thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_david

Hey TomDuong123.

Welcome to the Community!

If there has been an unauthorised payment on your PayPal account, you can follow the steps to report this to us here http://bit.ly/2hk1vYR. Once reported, we can begin our investigation. This generally takes about 10 days, and we will update you via email during this process. To help protect your account, we ask you to also change your password and security questions by following the steps here: http://bit.ly/2ysjun7.

I hope this helps.
David.

Login to Me Too

TomDuong123
Contributor
Contributor

Hey i did file a dispute,but they denied it,what could i do?
@PayPal_david 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

I'm sorry to hear this. 

If you would like to appeal the outcome of the case, we would advise you to send us an email through the Help & Contact icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope this helps.
David.

Login to Me Too

TomDuong123
Contributor
Contributor

I emailed the support and they said they have placed my case to a relevant department,and they'll update about my case,but so far i haven't see a response.
I really need my money back so please is there any faster way to get it back?
@PayPal_david 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TomDuong123,

For a real-time discussion of the status of the appeal, you can call by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then clicking Call us. You can log in or call as a guest. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TomDuong123
Contributor
Contributor

Hey i contacted paypal support and first they said:Sorry but we're closed,i tried again for the second time and on skype it ask for a fine(which i know it happen),and i cannot call paypal support from my country by my phone because the fine is quite high. @PayPal_Olivia 
Is there any other way?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TomDuong123,

I'm afraid if that option isn't viable for you, it would be necessary to wait for the review of the appeal to happen on its natural schedule.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TomDuong123
Contributor
Contributor

The case got denied,like come on,20$ isn't small in my country. @PayPal_Olivia 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.