How to appeal a closed case

IamDamo
New Community Member

Hi guys I purchased an item more than 3 months ago now and in all this time the seller has not been able to give me valid tracking details. I gave them an ultimatum that if the goods were not delivered by the 23rd of June I would escalate the matter further. Today (being the 23rd of June) I received an email from Paypal saying the case was closed because the seller magically provided proof of tracking saying that the goods have been delivered. I still do not have my goods and I cant seem to be able to get in touch with Paypay either. Can anyone offer any suggestions before I take this to the ACCC. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

alexmz78
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately this has been occurring more and more recently and Paypal has knowledge of it, yet they are not interested in combating it.  It is almost like they are in on it because the excuses they give to deny the cases are RIDICULOUS!   Mine was denied for the same reason despite the fact that I had proof from UPS that the tracking number was bogus (it was a stolen number).  Paypal will NOT help you, I have escalated and tried to speak to someone and they will have you run in circles, there is no one to speak to live, and even if they reply they will give the standard answer that "it cannot be reversed" which obviously means they just won't, fraud or not.    Claims department is a joke because they will not actually investigate fraud nor will they contact you to provide proof.  They will give the seller time to come up with a fake tracking number and then close your case. 

My suggestion is to make your experience known to A LOT of people.  Personally, I am getting ready to close my paypal accounts for good.

Login to Me Too

IamDamo
New Community Member

really appreciate the advice - Im going to lodge a complaint with ACCC and see where that ends up but agree lets get the word out there. They are a disgrace!! Im about to do the same, there are many other payment medium options out there which I will start utilising from now on. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.