How do you Transfer PayPal balance to bank after account is closed?

RoadRetreat
Contributor
Contributor

Our organization had it's PayPal account limited several months ago, we were unable to communicate with and satisfy PayPal to remove those limits so we closed the account.  I was told that after a certain time frame (by the end of June) we would be able to access our PayPal balance and transfer it to our bank.  When I tried to transfer online at the end of June it told me something went wrong, I called PayPal and spoke to an agent, they told me that someone from the back office would send me an email with instructions on how to do it within 72 hrs, that was three weeks ago.  I never got the email, so I logged in again and when I tried to transfer, still get the message "ops something went wrong".  I am left baffled at how any serious business would ever trust this organization, how can PayPal even represent themselves as a financial institution.  Our organization was incorporated in 1992.  We have an outstanding reputation, we have dealt with the same bank for over 23 years without any issues.  We began dealing with PayPal for our online transactions several years ago without any problems.  Last year they limited our account because they wanted some information.  We then provided the information best we could, but for some reason they denied it and then asked for more personal information.  After many failed attempts to talk with someone and find out exactly why and what they were looking for, we decided to close our account.  We understood that, according to their rules, we needed to wait a certain amount of time, 120 days, and then they would release our balance so we can put it in our trusted bank account.  The deadline has come and gone and they are still holding our money hostage?  For what?  I don't know, we will never deal with them ever again.  The longer they hold onto our money the more people we will tell about these terrible tactics.  If you are dealing with PayPal, change to another way, Etransfers to your bank are much better.  If you must deal with PayPal then please don't keep a balance with them because they can freeze it, and who know maybe they will even take it!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.