Help please buyer says item not received

DogsRule1
New Community Member
Advertised items via Facebook, buyer paid via PayPal, but is saying she never received the item, so tried to open a case but as she just sent money I can't open one? Is there anything I can do I've sent her proof of postage but she's adamant she hasn't received the items but I will be out of pocket and items lost if I have to refund.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DogsRule1 

Sellers cannot open disputes, just buyers can. Once they open a dispute, you can provide proof of delivery in the form of a courier tracking number. Not a copy of postage receipt (aka proof of postage). You need 'proof of delivery' to win an Item Not Received dispute. You will be held responsible/liable if you cannot provide proof of delivery. 

Albeit optional, is in your best interest as a seller to get tracking when shipping goods to customers or you'll be accepting liability for non-delivered orders.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DogsRule1
New Community Member
Thanks for the quick reply. I posted as she requested (cheapest) but just normal postage! As all others I have sent arrived no issues. Never mind lesson learned, will insist on recorded postage in future, only £6.50 and 3 missing Disney tote bags.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.