Heavy Limitations and then a Permanently Banned Account: Please help me!

willi_s
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have been using PayPal for a few months now, just using it for personal use and online shopping, nothing to bad. I had been buying a few items on eBay last week. 1 of the items arrived damaged, so I had to file a claim to get a refund. Additionally, I placed a few orders with a few different websites some days ago. Unfortunately, I found out that my mother in law died, and I had to travel across the country for the funeral. So, naturally I had to file 3-4 claims to get my money back because I would not be at home to receive the products that I ordered. Up until Tuesday everything was fine. No problems with PayPal or the websites I was doing business with.

Then, on Wednesday my account got hit with heavy limitations. I went to the resolution center, and submitted the photo id, ssc, and utility bill. I tried calling PayPal, and when I finally got ahold of someone after 1 hour of being on hold, they told me that my account was deemed a risk for them and they were going to be closing my account. I tried to get other answers, but they wouldn't hear it. Yesterday, I was on the PayPal app on my phone, and I saw that the 3 documents I submitted were rejected. There was an option to resubmit them, so I did. 

These problems are incredibly frustrating. I've done my research, and I know that filing all of those claims within a short amount of time can flag the account, but that is no excuse for the terrible customer service to ban the account without any reason. 

I hope the moderators on the forum are a little nicer than customer service. It has really been turning me off about PayPal. 

We are all having these terrible problems with PayPal. It is incredibly frustrating with all the limitations imposed on accounts.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Alexander_PayPa! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! I am really sorry to hear about the sad news. My more sincere condolences to you and the members of your family. In relation to the issue on your account, I recommend reaching out to our customer support teams for additional assistance. I read that you have already contacted us by phone, I would suggest to give it another go as the teams on the phone should be able to advise on how to proceed in this case. Thank you. – Carlos

Login to Me Too

willi_s
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Carlos wrote:

Hello Alexander_PayPa! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! I am really sorry to hear about the sad news. My more sincere condolences to you and the members of your family. In relation to the issue on your account, I recommend reaching out to our customer support teams for additional assistance. I read that you have already contacted us by phone, I would suggest to give it another go as the teams on the phone should be able to advise on how to proceed in this case. Thank you. – Carlos

Ok. So I just called Customer Service, and I told them exactly what I wrote above, and they said that they were keeping the same decision, and that my account would be still permanently limited. I don't know what to do. Everybody at customer service says the same thing, and when I ask to speak to a manager, they all say that they are the manager. Ugh. This is so frustrating. Is there any number I can call to get ahold of someone else besides customer service? They are so useless!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.