Has anyone else been scammed by Cozyloves.com a CHICINFOS LTD. company?

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase at Cozyloves.com from a Facebook ad and immediately cancelled it after I got my receipt my address had been changed to Armed Forces of America.  After reading online reviews I discovered this is a scam to sell quality women's clothing at very low prices, but you don't usually get what you ordered, if at all.  There is only one way to contact the seller email, so I immediately sent a order cancellation on 6/17/20, same day, but the company has not responded as of yet 6/27/2020.  I have read that others have had this same experience, but  the online store name could be different.  The seller's domain name registration was on 3/27/2020, so it's very new.  There is no address or phone number for contact.  I disputed the charge to PayPal and they denied my claim, "because my billing dispute doesn't match their qualification for a billing dispute".  So I disputed the charge with my bank and that got PayPal's attention.  They are now waiting to hear back from the seller and I don't think they will.  Most buyers wait too long to dispute charges for websites like this giving the scam seller time to get away with your money. I was stupid to trust an ad from Facebook and even more so for buying from this seller.  I may be out the $210.82 if PayPal and Chase side with the seller, but I want to warn others.  If the deal looks too good to be true, then take a pass and buy from an online seller only after you have researched them.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor

Update: Well guess what?  No refund after all.  PayPal acted like they were on my side and they would be sending me a refund after dealing with Chicinfos.  However, now wait for this, left it up to Chicinfos to refund my money.  I got an email from Chicinfos that if I returned the clothing they would issue me a refund.  Really PayPal???  A company that's scamming everyone is going to refund my money?  Oh and I had to provide proof that I had mailed the clothes to Chicinfos by the 23rd of Oct or the claim would be closed.  Guess when I read the email, snail mail, Oct 25th!  Why would I spend $50+ dollars to mail the clothes back to Chicinfos for a refund I'm never going to get!?!?  Even if they did pay me back I would get $45 back?  That's why I agreed to a $45 refund from Chicinfos with me keeping the clothes in the first place.  Great negotiations PayPal, thank you for nothing.   As you can tell I'm so mad right now.  My only option is to post the items on marketplace/craiglist/ebay.  But oh wait again, the items are for summer so to get my maximum $ I'll have to wait until next spring.  I've wasted I don't know how many hours with Chicinfos, PayPal and the Fed Internet Crime website.  People have lives w no time for anything as it is.  I'm a disabled woman w an 81 yr old mom who has cancer.  

Login to Me Too

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor
Totally agree! Sorry to hear you got scammed. Please file a complaint w the Internet Crime Complaint Center. If everyone files a complaint, hopefully the feds will shut down their site!
Login to Me Too

SorayaI
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently I stomped my feet enough to attract someone’s attention, I received an email stating PayPal has decided to issue a full refund! Thank god! It was a lot of money to lose! Now I can move on, I think!
Login to Me Too

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor
I'm happy for you. It is a lot of money. I learned it's better to pay shipping and not order so much at one time until I'm certain the company is legitimate. It was an expensive lesson to learn.
Login to Me Too

nikmur
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. I have been scammed. They are not a legitimate company. What angers me even more is that PayPal does not have rules and guidelines in place for companies like that. So after I escalated the issue, PayPal still allowed that company to state that I had to return my items to China. Being that my product, crappy and a product that could have been sold in a dollar store, totaled more than $75, and the return shipping to China was $42, all the hassle that I had been through and problems wasn't even worth it. they could totally state that they never received the package and then there I am again paying another $42 out of pocket to not even receive any refund. I will never use PayPal in circumstances like these again. Until they change their guidelines and rules, I will only keep it for local purchases. Extremely disappointed and dismayed. Do not ever buy anything on Instagram, Facebook especially when they only accept PayPal. PayPal does not support you when it comes to international shipping. This company sent the product to me from New York City, but they said any returns had to be to China. That's where the problem is. Lesson learned.
Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, I won’t use PayPal for any type of purchase anymore.  Only my credit card since they are more likely to help in a dispute.  But, these scam companies proliferate on the web and people always like to score a great deal.  There are plenty of others who haven’t learned this hard lesson who take the bait.  I’t a low blow to our self esteem to get scammed like this and I feel your pain.  Lot’s of energy, time and money spent to no avail.  I wish people would research before they click on an ad anywhere.  If it says “AD” don’t click.  

Login to Me Too

jrzd5510
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal got me a full refund from Chicinfos too.  I wonder why our cases were different.  I'd be very curious.

Login to Me Too

Suevvw
Contributor
Contributor
Only scammed by my own stupidity and believing that their pictures might be slightly accurate. Their merchandise doesn’t even come close to the pictures and it’s made out of the cheapest material that you can imagine. Not worth the money end not nice enough to wear in public. I might use it as sleeve shirts, but I’m not sure I can stand the material. Don’t be conned photo shop does wonders for cheap and poor merchandise. It is so difficult and complex to return and get a credit that it’s not worth trying. Too bad because it looked like they had some really cute things but reality disputes this.
Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I know how you feel! Yes, Cozyloves is still doing business on FB and other sites and PayPal continues to pay them your money for the order.  Before buying DO NOT CLICK on their link, always go directly to the website and scroll down to the bottom to look for contact information.  A legitimate vendor has an address and a phone number, not only an email.  My experience has taught me a lesson, but sadly plenty of people on FB still buy from these phony vendors taking their money and delivering shoddy products. 

Login to Me Too

Luv4tnns
Yes they sent me a medium and XL shirt and the XL was 2 sizes smaller than the medium. I asked for a ROM # immediately and they would not give it to me. I sent multiple pictures showing the difference and then they told me that I ordered the sizes. They said it would cost a fortune to ship back to China. Then they started bartering. Keep the shirts and give them as gifts and we will refund you $5.00. I paid $57.00 for 2 shirts. Then they said the same for $10.00 refund. I refused and I am disputing the charge with my credit card company. Please do not order from them. The quality is horrible as is the sizing and color.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.