Has anyone else been scammed by Cozyloves.com a CHICINFOS LTD. company?

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase at Cozyloves.com from a Facebook ad and immediately cancelled it after I got my receipt my address had been changed to Armed Forces of America.  After reading online reviews I discovered this is a scam to sell quality women's clothing at very low prices, but you don't usually get what you ordered, if at all.  There is only one way to contact the seller email, so I immediately sent a order cancellation on 6/17/20, same day, but the company has not responded as of yet 6/27/2020.  I have read that others have had this same experience, but  the online store name could be different.  The seller's domain name registration was on 3/27/2020, so it's very new.  There is no address or phone number for contact.  I disputed the charge to PayPal and they denied my claim, "because my billing dispute doesn't match their qualification for a billing dispute".  So I disputed the charge with my bank and that got PayPal's attention.  They are now waiting to hear back from the seller and I don't think they will.  Most buyers wait too long to dispute charges for websites like this giving the scam seller time to get away with your money. I was stupid to trust an ad from Facebook and even more so for buying from this seller.  I may be out the $210.82 if PayPal and Chase side with the seller, but I want to warn others.  If the deal looks too good to be true, then take a pass and buy from an online seller only after you have researched them.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Luv4tnns,

Be sure to file a claim with the Internet Crime Complaint Center IC3.  This is really a government issue and they need to do something about what is happening on these sites out of China.  At the very least, if enough of us complain it may help get the Cozyloves site to change for the better or get closed down.

@NebrGirl55 

Login to Me Too

Patlham
New Community Member
I bought 3 shirts that are no way anything as advertised. I have asked for my money back and they told me I had to ship the shirts back to China which would cost more than I paid for them
Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

You may be able to get a refund through PayPal, it's worth a try.  They didn't help me at all, but maybe they will help you.  So sad that these people are still allowed to sell on FB and other sites.  They steal your money and give you junk in return.

Login to Me Too

60kim

Whenever I saw that a website accepted PayPal I felt it had to be safe and on the up & up. I stupidly thoughts that’s why we have pp accounts. The fact that pp backs up these scammers really ticks me off. I try to always look up websites / online shopping that I’m not familiar with which is how I came across this forum. I have never found positive reviews NEVER. I should have my head examined that I even bother. Shame on PayPal and fb 

Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

You're not alone in thinking at least my account information will be safe if we use PayPal to purchase online and in that respect it does work.  However, you have little or no recourse when the vendor is a scam artist.  FB and Instagram are the worst offenders by not vetting their vendors or listening to us users who complain.  The whole system is broken and it's a true case of Buyer Beware.  

Login to Me Too

CS1965
Contributor
Contributor

Ugh, I can add myself to this list. When I looked it up, it was coming out of France, but then I get a PP receipt and nothing from the company, no confirmation, no receipt, no acknowledgement that I made an order an order number. Now I’m out $50.  So stupid. I normally read and check reviews all the time. I ordered 2 days ago. I can’t even figure out where to cancel?! I don’t want the item anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I know exactly how you feel, like how did I fall for that? Try filing a dispute with PayPal.  Not saying they will do anything but give your money away, but it's really your only recourse.  There is a new web site at ReportFraud.ftc and I would definitely report it even if you live in Canada.  So sorry this happened to you, but you are not alone. 

Login to Me Too

VA2CO
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. Their quality is horrible. They must use some photographic enhancing to make things look like they sparkle and they really don’t. If you try to contact them to return, they will not communicate with you. That way you’re stuck with the product and there’s nothing you can do about it. Do not buy from this company.
Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for confirming that this company is a scam.  Not only is the quality of their products substandard, most often you don't even get what you ordered.  Still, they are on FB and Instagram scamming away without recourse to us buyers.  PayPal keeps on sending them your money and does not listen to our complaints.  This has been going on for months!  One way to call this out is to report it to the FTC at ReportFraud.ftc  Maybe if enough of us report their experience, Cozyloves and others just like it will get shut down.  For now, they're making a fortune off the citizens.

Login to Me Too

AEB3
New Community Member

I am running into the same problem with “MyCozyClothes” also an ad on Facebook.  I made a purchase of $40.00 but haven’t heard a word and can’t contact them.  I’ve always felt that if a company accepted PayPal, it was legitimate but apparently I was wrong.   Doesn’t PayPal investigate?  The same ad has shown up in FB under different names, I am reporting this to FB.  Please learn from my mistake and pass up this offer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.