Has anyone else been scammed by Cozyloves.com a CHICINFOS LTD. company?

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase at Cozyloves.com from a Facebook ad and immediately cancelled it after I got my receipt my address had been changed to Armed Forces of America.  After reading online reviews I discovered this is a scam to sell quality women's clothing at very low prices, but you don't usually get what you ordered, if at all.  There is only one way to contact the seller email, so I immediately sent a order cancellation on 6/17/20, same day, but the company has not responded as of yet 6/27/2020.  I have read that others have had this same experience, but  the online store name could be different.  The seller's domain name registration was on 3/27/2020, so it's very new.  There is no address or phone number for contact.  I disputed the charge to PayPal and they denied my claim, "because my billing dispute doesn't match their qualification for a billing dispute".  So I disputed the charge with my bank and that got PayPal's attention.  They are now waiting to hear back from the seller and I don't think they will.  Most buyers wait too long to dispute charges for websites like this giving the scam seller time to get away with your money. I was stupid to trust an ad from Facebook and even more so for buying from this seller.  I may be out the $210.82 if PayPal and Chase side with the seller, but I want to warn others.  If the deal looks too good to be true, then take a pass and buy from an online seller only after you have researched them.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I have to add myself to the list of people scammed by Cozyloves.com.  I lost $109.11 and made a claim w PayPal after 2 months of being **bleep** around by Cozylove service center.  My claim w PayPal is not concluded but they seemed to be taking it seriously. Note that this seller is also on Wish.com so beware!  I'm placing a complaint thru the Internet Crime Complaint Center and encourage all to do the same.  Although this was an add on Facebook, I don't think all advertising on FB is bad.  The main thing to look for going forward is: 1) the address of the Home office, and 2) the terms of returns.  If the address is in China, do not buy.  China is able to mail items to the US for pennies on the dollar due to a 150 yr old USPS agreement.  This initially was to encourage trade but now has turned out to be a nightmare for consumers.  They make very cheap merchandise and mail it for nothing so they are making $$$ hand over fist.  

Login to Me Too

jrzd5510
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully you'll be lucky like I was.  Paypal refunded me everything.  Fingers crossed for you.  I wish I knew how to report them to Facebook and get the freaking ads off the site.

Login to Me Too

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sad to hear a lot of people didn't get reimbursed by PayPal.  I believe it has a lot to do with the way you present your claim.   I read through the info on the PayPal site about what they look for when you file a claim.  In this case the two main issues that you must prove, not just tell is: 1) the seller provided false, inaccurate or misleading info, and 2) items were significantly not as described.  Otherwise PayPal is not obligated to reimburse you.  Some of this may have to do with PayPal's liability insurance policy that they carry and the provisions required to meet under the insurance policy that they have purchased. 

PayPal doesn't owe us money just because we were stupid and didn't do our normal due diligence. You can be guaranteed going forward with online sellers that I'll look for contact info of the companies home office, address, phone number and the like not just an email for customer service.  I'm also going back to buying from tried and true sellers here in the US.  I had no idea of the International Mail Treaty between USPS and foreign countries until this happened to me.  I'm glad to hear it has been renegotiated and they will be paying more starting January 2021.  Thank you  @Goatmom 

Login to Me Too

nikmur
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! I have and I am going through the process right now.  They sent their cheap production that doesn't look anything like the ones online.  It arrived from Chino, California but with a return label of <removed> I sent my return request well within their return policy guidelines and their response was: "We are sorry you no like your product, since you have to sent it back to manufacturer in China and it is very costly, would you consider just giving your products to a friend?".   I almost died laughing at their ridiculous brave manipulation.   I have escalated this issue with PayPal. I am not sure what will happen but I am hoping that PayPal stands behind their product and doesn't allow fraudulent companies like this one to offer Paypal as a payment.  DO NOT BUY FROM COZYLOVES.COM           FAKE!!!!

Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, don't buy from Cozyloves or any of the other scam sellers on FB before you do your online research.  Buy from reputable retailers in the USA.  PayPal was useless regarding this purchase and denied my claim.

Login to Me Too

jrzd5510
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have any idea how we can report this company (???) to Facebook and get them off?  I didn't save anything from them so I don't have their contact info but I think we should take this to another level.

Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

The only option on FB is to click on the right hand corner and Report the Ad, then choose scam or fraud.  Since I've been doing that I'm seeing less of those ads from China.  However, I'm sure they are still circulating.  If everyone did that maybe it would help.  As for PayPal ??? 

Login to Me Too

SorayaI
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly I didn't read this before making a purchase and now I'm out $147!!!!!  Thanks for your help Paypal in filing a dispute, you really had my back, NOT!!!  The clothing size is not the same as US sizes.  These garments come from China even though they shipped from a warehouse in Los Angeles.  Returns have to go to China but even if you are willing to give the USPS $90 to ship, they can't track it out side of the US!  The USPS website claims you can track "door to door" Internationally for a fee, yeah for me it was $150 more but then they tell you not in China, so why'd you charge me the extra money?  Returning the clothing requires trusting the dishonest people who sent it. NO WAY!  If they get the return they just destroy the clothes.  Sure!  No point in wasting more money on clothing that cost them pennies to make besides their focus is getting as much dollars as possible from suckers in the USA!  Suckers like me!  Don't expect help if you have a problem, the seller passed me from representative to representative singing the same song.  One guy told me to be a nice person and give the clothing to a friend or neighbor and simply rebuy the appropriate sizes for myself because the return shipping is going to be very expensive.  That's nerve!  That's a disgrace to treat a customer like that.  And it's a disgrace that Paypal who has the power to help buyers with dishonest sellers but doesn't really help.  Read the fine print, Paypal protection requires the buyers shipping address on your invoice in order to be effective yet it doesn't appear to be required.  You have to wonder if everyone runs a scam of their own.  Don't trust anyone with your money!  And don't buy from CozyLoves.com 

Login to Me Too

Goatmom
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response and I'm sorry to hear you got scammed by cozyloves.com  As you know you're not alone, many others have had your exact same experience.  I am amazed  that these scam companies are allowed to sell on FB and other websites and that PayPal willingly transmits your funds into their bank accounts.  They are making a ton of money selling their fake products with their bogus ads.

As a suggestion to others, never click on any ad anywhere.  Just open a new web browser page and go directly to their website to see if there is a phone number to contact.  In every single case that I have researched, the entity is a new 2020 corporation and there is no contact information other than i.e.  info   @  insert company name.

I don't think PayPal pays any attention to the postings on the paypal-community.com website, because people are still getting scammed by cozyloves.com.

Login to Me Too

NebrGirl55
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, everyone needs to go to the sellers actual site. Look for full contact info, Home Office name, address & phone number. If there's nothing but an email address don't buy!!! And if you see any ties to China don't buy. I almost got **bleep** by another company w a home office in China and 2 locations in the US. If I hadn't been persistent and a royal pain threating to report them to the Feds internet complaint center, I probably would not have gotten my refund.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.