Has PayPal actually helped anyone in a dispute with NC TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED???

Tymeless125
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order with this company and paid extra for express shipping, I placed my order on 26 July 2018 and I was supposed to receive my order in 3 days, here it is the 13 August 2018 and I haven't received any orders, tried to track my package from the link they sent me and the website is no longer available.  I reached out to the seller and there was no response to me, I opened a claim with PayPal and they sided with the seller telling me to contact the seller even though I told them that I could provide emails of me reaching out to them.....I truly hope someone can repair my faith in PayPal because this is absolutely ridiculous with them continuously letting this seller get away with this type of crap!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Debb59

I just filed a complaint with Pay Pal for this company!  I paid $25.98 for a hair straightener that was advertised with a VIDEO showing a full sized straightening iron.  What I received was a mini straightener that was NOT the item shown!  Even worse?  On the back of the envelope it arrived in,  STATES THE PRODUCT IS WORTH $5.00 USD!!  NO LIE!  I filed a dispute today, 12/31, but I don't what to do now!  I want to return this for a FULL REFUND as this company are nothing but SCAMMERS!  

Login to Me Too

Ftomich
Contributor
Contributor
For Christmas I ordered 3 sets of beautiful duvet that was shows at facebook. I paid $ 39.99 for each one, few days later I saw people make comments that this company yedao is scam , I contact paypal and they said the purchase will be arrive dez 28, so ok . December 29 I received for one headphone or better says earphone maybe $5.00 price, since these day I'm firing with paypal and they said my case is dismiss because this company yedao has prove track number. Well I send pic, talk with many costume service and today I receive this!! Is a jock Pay pal. You’re eligible for a refund of $10.99 USD once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction. You must return the item(s) before January 24, 2019. Before you do so, please read our instructions carefully. To receive your refund, you need to: Return the item(s) to the seller at the address we provide. If you purchased multiple items with this one transaction, you may only be required to return specific items. Please return the specific items listed below as instructed. If no specific items are listed in this email, then all items from this purchase must be returned in order to receive your refund. Provide online shipment tracking information in the Resolution Center before January 24, 2019. The returned merchandise must be in the same condition as when you received it and you are responsible for any costs associated with the return. If the transaction was $750.00 USD or more, we need the seller to sign confirmation of receipt. Mark "Returned Cargo" on the outside of the package to avoid tax charges. Return address: Yedao Technology Co., Ltd.
Login to Me Too

gmoran

I too was taken in by these rip-off artists.  I purchased through Paypal, since Paypal has a great reputation when it comes to resolving consumer complaints.  They were able to get a resolution, however this company (which says they are located in China) required me to ship the wig back to China. 

It costs $32.25 from USPS, $115 UPS, $75.23 DHL.  The wig costs $27 US.  This is how they get you.  Their first response was that they would refund 30% of the purchase price and I would resell the piece of garbage to someone else.  Well I took exception to that and told them so.  Their response was this stipulation of receiving the wig back and that it had to be by a service that could be tracked, which insures that the cost of shipping would exceed the cost of the wig.

I say to anyone who is thinking of purchasing from them, DON'T.  The products are shoddy, if not down right garbage, their customer service is non existent, and the company is ripping off consumers and hiding behind international shipping costs to not issue refunds.

Login to Me Too

62Flagonia85
I have had trouble with NC Technology twice. I have first item I purchased from the took 3 months to arrive and and the cleaning product came without the spray bottle. The second product was a auto mirror dash camera with two cameras front and back. I waited for the 45 days and tried to report it to PayPal but had internet problems so put it off for a few days. The Camera showed up yesterday. THEY SHIPPED THE WRONG CAMERA.. I'm done with NC Technology. They're lack of response when you try to contact them through the link they supplied, but it never happens. I suggest PayPal drops them from their authorized sellers. They are trouble if u buy from them.
Login to Me Too

miche1
Contributor
Contributor
I have been complaining PayPal does nothing. PayPal pretty much told me they will side with seller. Awful company! I have posted on social media sites and PayPal is trying to shut me down for speaking the truth. Awful company! I’m going to tell everyone I know about how crappy PayPal is!
Login to Me Too

miche1
Contributor
Contributor
I have filed a dispute, have presented my evidence and all but told that this company gets to keep my money!! I didn’t receive any product!! Disputes do nothing. What is your next suggestion?? How do I get my money since PayPal isn’t going to help?? PayPal reps. have told me numerous different stories none are true.
Login to Me Too

Tammy913
Contributor
Contributor
I too opened a dispute with this seller over misrepresentation of their hair curler that was shaped like a straightener but with a bend in the barrel. I bought 2 for $97.82 total on Dec 18, 2019. I was supposed to be a Christmas gift. It does not create waves only straightens hair. False advertising! PayPal did not help me with my dispute since I did not see the reply from the seller whom I contacted, within the time frame to respond back. I tried to contact that seller twice while waiting for their first reply which apparently came but I was not aware. PayPal needs to be more helpful with disputes and should go by the motto of the customer is always right.
Login to Me Too

PeterK987
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ashley,

I'm curious if you know what efforts Paypal is taking to prevent these scams from recurring. I just recently fell victim to another similar issue with products that are shipped from China and are low-value dollar store plastic goods when they advertised a sophisticated robotic product. Searching the forums there are pages and pages of these same complaints and the sellers seem to be able to operate with impunity by using a hole in the Dispute Resolution process. 

By shipping some goods they are able to force their return at expense greater than the cost of the product originally. This means most will either give up the dispute or accept the low dollar refund from the seller to get something back (and which lets the seller avoid dispute numbers). Even when refunding a buyer they will be pocketing a large amount of cash as they shipped something of almost no value.

The pattern of a company listed with a CA address that ships products from China and sends goods other than advertised repeats over and over. They don't even bother changing the name much. NC TECHNOLOGY, ZG TECHNOLOGY, AMGT TECHNOLOGY... over and over I'm finding more and more listings with social media ad campaigns selling a quality product and then shipping some slightly related garbage. Paypal seems to be siding with the seller in most instances hiding behind the dispute resolution policy allowing the scammers to operated even longer till a critical mass of disputes of fraud is filed.

It's one thing if I need to return something since I'm not impressed with the quality. It's entirely another when I purchase a robotic self-solving Rubik's cube from an add campaign and website all carefully crafted with fake video of the product and then ship me dollar store plastic crap. That isn't just a dispute, it's fraud, they are purposefully listing a product they don't sell and shipping something else. I know because the product they claimed to sell doesn't exist.

If Paypal allows those committing fraud to receive payment through their infrastructure and hides behind the dispute process all while collecting transaction fees, I have to say that seems complicit. The patterns of these sellers is clear and identifiable with a minimal exertion of data vetting. Companies in CA shipping with international China based tracking numbers? Large upticks in sales from pushed social add campaigns, oddly large upticks in seller problem reports. Or how about just using the same basic company name over and over with different letters in front of it?

I'm waiting on the resolution of my dispute. If they follow the pattern of insisting I send this back to the seller for a refund or deny the claim I intend to delete my Paypal account and encourage others to do so. The only real way to get change it so make this cost more than it brings in. Since the scammers are bringing in a pretty penny that will mean lots of users voting with their dollars and moving from the platform to safe payment methods. A credit card would never allow these types of behaviors by those on their payment network. 

Login to Me Too

bubbareese
Contributor
Contributor

I just word that PayPal has rejected my claim against this Bunch of crooks at AMGT Technology. Then looked them up on the net to try and complain to them again directly or at least leave them a bad rating; and Lo and Behold I knew I couldn't be the only one!  from the looks of the form I can just forget about any help from PayPal and chalk it up as loss!

Login to Me Too

webwalla

I also was caught out by this company!  Found their advert on Facebook, watched it numerous times until one day I decided I'll give that product a go as it looked like something I could use.  Well after not receiving the product passed the expected date, I contacted who I thought was the company I had purchased it from.  They kept asking me for an order number which I didn't appear to have anything from this company at all.  I contacted them again, this time they asked me for a tracking number.  I told them once again that I had not had any communications from them and did not have a tracking number nor did I have an order number. A few days later I asked them once again where my order was and they once again asked for an order number!  By this time I'm beginning to my patience with them.  I then went through all of my transactions and noticed one that didn't look familiar by name.  Well, the order was placed with NC TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED and the money was received by them, however the confimation email was from another company called New Soul email address "New Soul.   So I sent an email to this company who advised that they need more time! So I thought okay I'll give you a bit more time knowing that this item was coming from China.  A few days passed and I sent another email to them which they responded to me with a screen shot of the despatch details at a Chinese Company  showing it had been despatched from their company and should be on its way as soon as it clears customers.  Now during all this flaffing about, I had already opened a dispute through PayPal as I could smell some rotten and that this was a scam.  So, since the dispute was already opened I  had this positive feeling that they would help me regain my funds (albeit not a lot but that's not the point)  Ok, so today I received the item which was suppose to be this wonderful amazing cleaner which you could clean the bottom of your frying pans with (you know how after a while they get brown looking), you were also suppose to be able to able to clean mould off the grout on shower tiles with just one or two sprays, then it wipes off perfectly clean and white and wonderful like new looking.  Nope, doesn't do that in the least, you put this effervescent tablet into water as they send you an empty spray bottle with a bag of this little tablets which should in theory fizz away be it cold or hot water.  Nope it does not that it.  If you shake the bottle you get some bubbles at the top but that's it nothing else.  Mind you, in their video they show disgusting gas cooking hobs however that could have just been something that they put on there and could easily be removed with just soap and water, but they show it with their spray.  They show cleaning tiles on floors that look like they haven't been cleaned in 50 years!  Amazing!  Just a spray and sponge wipe with that and everything is AMAZINGLY CLEAN!!!  People, please, please, please don't buy anything from either of these companies as they are Scam/Con artists and from everything I've read about disputes through PayPal you simply can't win.   I've taken before and after photos and wanted to post them in the dispute, but there is nowhere for me to post them to.  So I suppose I'll have to wait until I'm allowed to respond.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.