HNBM Trading Co., Ltd.

LAndres
Contributor
Contributor

Help me understand why PayPal would process payments for a company that is not forthcoming in their advertising and selling practices.

This company advertised a human hair wig that I ordered.  The product received was nothing like what I ordered and was not human hair.  Cheap costume wig.  When I contacted the seller, the disclosed, "The product pictured is not always the product shipped."  Who does that?  Who offers one product and ships another.  That's the classic bait and switch and PayPal gladly processes this seller's payments.  

I submitted a claim and the seller offered to return my money if I shipped the products back AT MY OWN EXPENSE! The merchant did not provide a complete shipping address or a complete recipient name. I believe that was on purpose so the package would be undeliverable, and then I would be out of the funds I spent for shipment and the money spent on the product.  PayPal Resolution Center only offered the ability to upload tracking information and no ability to reply with comments.

I used to think that if PayPal processed payments for a merchant, they did some type of research into the company.  I no longer have that assumption.

Do your homework on these international companies, especially those from China.  These international vendors are not always reputable.  Check Scammers. Check message boards.  Google the company name followed by "negative news," and make an informed decision because you cannot count on PayPal to do that research for you.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

IamMinaLove
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having an issue now with them and I want ALL my money back! No partial anything and I'm not shipping something back to a China address when the product was shipped from CA? Like you said, they're a fraud and then they had the nerve to respond this to me today after messages going back and forth between us: Hello, you must return the package at the return address given by us to get a full refund, and you need to bear the return shipping cost. If you are willing to accept our partial refund, you can reduce your financial losses. - HNBM Trading Co., Ltd., Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 11:45:46 PM SINCE WHEN DO CONSUMERS HAVE TO BE AT A FINANCIAL LOSS WHEN THEY NEVER RECEIVED WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY ORDERED? This is TOTAL BS and PayPal shouldn't even allow these bogus companies to use them for their fraudulent businesses! I'm going to dispute with my CC company because it appears that PayPal may or may not get this resolved for me!
Login to Me Too

Maymay66
Contributor
Contributor
I order four wings, nothing like the ads. Just some cheap wigs and they was all the same. I put them back in the package that was send to me and paid to mail back with insurance. Item was delivered. I put a letter say refund please. Haven't heard nothing. Paypal want help. My payment went thru them. The email didn't work, my email came back. I lost $77.00 money I work hard for. I also think they tried to use my debit card. My bank caught it. These companies is scammers. I am going to report them to the FTC.
Login to Me Too

Thamar
Contributor
Contributor

The company is targets black women and rips then off.  The advertised through their videos wigs at a discount price.  When I purchased the wig, it charged me at retail price instead of the advertised price.  I immediately sent an email to cancel my order or correct the price.  I never got a response.  I went on their Facebook page and messaged them.  They never responded.  I then filed a complaint with my CC company.  Although they reversed the charged, the company sent the merchandise anyway and challenged the reversal and they put the charge back on my account.  The merchandise they sent was nothing that I had originally ordered. I tried going to the Facebook and website and the name they were using to advertise was shutdown and the website and Facebook no longer exists.  I'm now escalating it to my attorney general.  DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH COMPANY!  THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!

Login to Me Too

carolynperson

They not only target black women, sadly they use black hairstylists to help them in their fraud. I have a company that I've dealt with for years and have never had a problem. Why in the world I took a chance on these people I'll never know.

Login to Me Too

TransBeauty96
Contributor
Contributor
What was the name of the company. Cuz I’m trying to find out what this charge is and I ordered human lace front wigs and got lace cap wigs instead. The hair is not the density I opted for and I still have a different charge from that company but can’t remember if I purchased off one more site for wigs
Login to Me Too

Thamar
Contributor
Contributor
They go by many subtitles. The one I tried to buy from was Vlife or ValueLife. It will show on your bank statement as HNBM Trading Co.
Login to Me Too

TransBeauty96
Contributor
Contributor
Well you can add muayomi to the list. 3 wigs for $45...yeah right. And their email responses when they do respond are so unprofessional and don’t have a single shred of honesty
Login to Me Too

LAndres
Contributor
Contributor
This company advertises on many venues under several different names. HNBM Trading Co., Ltd. is the company name that appears on your credit card statement. Post on your Facebook. Post on your Instagram. Be sure your reference the main company HNBM Trading Co., Ltd. This company either has dishonest distributors or it is a dishonest company that does not have the products they advertise. Most of the pictures and videos are from YouTube or individual beauty operator websites, and they have nothing to do with this company. It’s terrible that a PayPal processed payments for these individuals. I suspect the fee they receive offsets their sense of fairness.
Login to Me Too

Temp20200923d
Contributor
Contributor

My sentiments exactly I asked the representative if this company was flagged and he said no they do not have a problem with them. So fellow PayPal community beware PayPal see no fault in the company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.