Guest check out- fake website

linseysteiniger
New Community Member

Hello!

I bought Patagonia on a website and later found out it was a fake/fraud website. 

Paypal is not answering my calls as the transaction does not show up under my account since I used paypal GUEST CHECKOUT and did not have an account yet. I have contacted the website with no answer and want to cancel the transaction before it processes. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@linseysteiniger 

PayPal cannot cancel orders/authorizations that are made within 30 days. Only the seller can. Though once the payment is completed (the seller has the money) then you can dispute it by calling customer service with the receipt ID number found on the PayPal email receipt. Request to file Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described dispute. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

djnags
Contributor
Contributor

I was conned by these guys too.  The **bleep** stole the entire Patagonia catalog.  When I googled Patagonia, this site came up first. I purchased a jacket and tried to cancel within a half hour when I saw the name of the seller and then figured out that I had been cheated.  I have a Paypal account, but bought this as "guest".  I have an ongoing claim, but no resolution yet. The jacket came today: a man's size medium seems to be a child's medium-threads hanging all over, no invoice of return info, very poorly made, fake Patagonia labels.  Why does Paypal let this "business" use them?  It sells counterfeit garbage and hijacked a catalog.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.