Dyson Scams

MoBuddy
Contributor
Contributor

Do NOT Buy DYSON from anybody indicating they are giving it to you at a discount . First it’s rare unless it’s Best Buy or Amazon that you would get a DySon product on sale . The hair dryers are in the 400 and 550 range . Be wary of generic business names . Buy from a known entity . Also make sure you try calling any vendor first , send an email , confirm the address . PAYPAL needs to step up their fraud monitoring !!!!! Check the website credentials ! There are fake companies utilizing PayPal to perpetrate their fraud. VaccuumsNY was using a 50 percent off price for a Dyson hair dryer. Lesson learned - Dyson are never 50 percent off. I paid 279.99. When I went to call to see where my dryer was, it was a google voice phone number that can’t be tracked. Then I looked up address and it was a Walmart address in Valley Stream NY. Then the email address was bouncing back. The name of the company is very generic - Electronic Digital. I opened up a dispute . I get a UPS mailing label with not my address but my town or city listed. No name. I call UPS. It’s not a shipping label for my address nor my name . So now a fake shipping label . As I started to investigate through Google and PayPal , I have found similar stories with other generic based company names, same scam and all using PayPal . Still waiting for the resolution to be finalized . PayPal keeps extending the date. PayPal needs to do more to prevent fraud like this . Ask yourselves why fraudsters continue to utilize PayPal - because it’s easy !!! The fraudsters who took me for 279 have shut their fake website down .

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Gsevier
Same thing happened to me. PayPal denied my claim, despite all of the complaints that have been filed. Will never use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

gregnamath
New Community Member

PayPal is a useless organization when dealing with fraud. The fake site was actually enhanced by the PayPal method. The fake Dyson site even allowed me to donate $ to a PayPal charity which PayPal received. The site was a phony from China using PayPal for legitimizing its fraud. No more PayPal for me!

Login to Me Too

Runner1228
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 Dyson Airwraps. One for my daughter and one for myself.  I got an email confirmation and everything looked legit.  When they didn't arrive I tried emailing them and the email bounced back and the website was down.  A week or so later my daughter and I both received an envelope from China that had a cheap plastic cell phone case in it with no paperwork.   The scammer used the tracking number for the cell phone cases in the dispute with my bank saying it was proof the Dyson was delivered.  My bank will not give me my money back and I am out the money.  I paid through a guest pay pal account.

Login to Me Too

MoBuddy
Contributor
Contributor
Ugh. So sorry this happened . Put the disputes in through PayPal. I got a refund for mine . Be very detailed with the information . What was the name of the company ? Check the address to see if it’s a fake address . Was the phone number a google voice number ? You’ll want to include all this
Login to Me Too

Runner1228
Contributor
Contributor

I will try that.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

j14frost

This SAME thing happened to me. I ordered the dyson through a guest paypal account and disputed the charge on my card. I just received shoelaces in the mail from China and my card denied my claim and I lost the money. PayPal sucks

Login to Me Too

rCal2020
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me. It was a NY company. It ended up coming out of China. I thought I was buying a dyson air purifier for $175.00. I called USPS and they sent me a picture of the package that was delivered and left in the mailbox. I too received a plastic iPhone case. I don't even own one. I am a cancer patient and do not have money to fork out for another fan. I am so disappointed that PayPal is not honoring it's claim that it protects the buyer. I will not use paypal anymore.
Login to Me Too

Dadofastro
Same thing just happened to me. Also $279.99. I think the thieves just keep changing their “name” as we bought from “best franchise Store”
Login to Me Too

MoBuddy
Contributor
Contributor
Hopefully you get your money back. 279.99 was what I paid. Amazing how PaYPal has nonstop- gap mechanisms to prevent these sellers from doing this. All they need to do is verify addresses , phone numbers , and look at the websites legitimacy . Thieves keep reinventing themselves . It takes a crazy amount of time and patience to try and get your money back too.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.