Getting real tired of failed checkout charges

abel112
New Community Member

I was charged multiple times for the same failed payment, I contacted my bank who stopped the payments coming out of my bank account and was refunded for this after the money was already taken, yet paypal has charged me anyway? I made an attempt to pay for one lousy stinking label on Royal Mail click and drop, when the checkout failed to go through I tried it a few times after frustration. Days later I have found my account has been charged the amount on Paypal and is now in the negatives, I cannot even open a dispute because my resolution center keeps popping up with an error every time I try to dispute the charges. I have saved screenshots and have confirmation from my bank that they refused to allow the payment to come out of my bank so I really do not understand why I have been charged. 

I'm getting real tired of this happening, it is frustrating me beyond belief and there is seemingly nothing I can do about it because whenever I try to get in touch with someone they just keep telling me to contact royal mail or my bank, which I have already done. It seems commonplace for paypal staff to deny any wrongdoing on their behalf. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abel112 

If you 'authorise' paypal to take a payment for goods or shipping and it fails and then you try again several times then you are authorising it over and over.

So paypal will try and take those payments you authorised and if it fails they will try again a few days later and if that fails they will try your back up funding source and put your paypal account into negative until if your back up funding source doesn't clear it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abel112 

If you 'authorise' paypal to take a payment for goods or shipping and it fails and then you try again several times then you are authorising it over and over.

So paypal will try and take those payments you authorised and if it fails they will try again a few days later and if that fails they will try your back up funding source and put your paypal account into negative until if your back up funding source doesn't clear it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.