Payment took twice??

NotHappy87
Contributor
Contributor
I had a pay after delivery payment come out of my account but that account did not have the funds so PayPal gave me a negative balance, the next day I sold something on eBay and that covered the negative balance and that pay after delivery was paid...... but then today PayPal take the amount from my bank account? What’s that all about ??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NotHappy87 

When you have a failed payment from your bank account then paypal put your account into negative and try again a few days later.

The process is automated so they are going to try to get that payment from your bank account OR later if that fails from any other funding source you have linked.

In the meantime your neg balance was cleared with a sale, but that does not stop paypal trying to get that payment from you all it does is clear your neg balance.

So when your PAD reaches paypal as the neg balance has been paid it will be CREDITED to your paypal balance and you can then spend the funds from that balance OR withdraw it back to your bank account again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NotHappy87 

When you have a failed payment from your bank account then paypal put your account into negative and try again a few days later.

The process is automated so they are going to try to get that payment from your bank account OR later if that fails from any other funding source you have linked.

In the meantime your neg balance was cleared with a sale, but that does not stop paypal trying to get that payment from you all it does is clear your neg balance.

So when your PAD reaches paypal as the neg balance has been paid it will be CREDITED to your paypal balance and you can then spend the funds from that balance OR withdraw it back to your bank account again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.