Fraud on my account and PayPal customer service is absolute trash

cal_c
Contributor
Contributor

at 1am last night 30 transactions were fraudulently made on my account.  someone accessed the account.  added a phone number and a debit card, and then proceeded to do multiple transfers to the debit card, while at the same time making fake "payments" to my account, then withdrawing them.  all of this was done in 10 min.  my account went from $1500 to -$3500.  I changed my pw and security questions and pin.  i attempted to contact PayPal via the message center but apparently no one works there.  i also called and was on hold for 2 hours.  i can dispute the withdrawals but not the payments because....Paypal's system is janky.  i'd have to say i already shipped the item or some crap like that.  useless.  im guessing this is also useless.  fortunately i have LifeLock and they are handling it but, what a fail PayPal.  closing my account as soon as this gets resolved.  Venmo is so much better.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.