Fraduant website and HIDIOUS PAYPAL customer service

Gouldy81
Contributor
Contributor

Help!!!!!

After being duped into buying an item on Jokerme.com in April i am still waiting for PayPal to even respond to me regarding my 4 issues email i have raised.

HOWEVER

The miniute i have disconnected my bank account and only use my card for transactions i have been chased by VERY VERY rude aggresive PayPal team members to pay the small amount they seem to cover for items viat a direct debit

HOW ON EARTH do you get anyone in the disuputs team to talk to you ..... I understand COVID has turned the world upside down however it is not fair for PayPal to cherry pick what they do and do not want to support you with.

I have always used PayPal to pay for goods as i thought they offered a good service - How could i have been so wrong

I understand also that customer services teams must be busy but to be shouted at, not be given a chance to talk and then offered no help is a total let down

Has anyone else had this issue ?  Any guidance on how to get a response where i dont get shouted at by angry PayPal people?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gouldy81 

Why not just pay what you owe them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gouldy81
Contributor
Contributor
I think it works both ways... Why not provide the service that PayPal claims to??? Also it clearly was an error therefore PayPal should not be shouting at me down the phone.....I did not do this to them.... Hopefully someone might come back with some help to resolve all of this....shame as the website I got duped from also happened to so many PayPal customers... Not asking for much more than PayPal to do protect us from what they say they do
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gouldy81 

sorry but if you were duped into buying something then how is paypal responsible?

they cover you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

however they do not cover buyer remorse or poor choice of seller.

difficult to actually advise you as you haven't said how you were duped.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gouldy81
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much for the response I can see you are an Esteemed Advisor so it is great to be able to get some advice. Of course I will be paying my balance (that is 3 days owing) I am scared when this is done I will loose all contact with PayPal again. The website I ordered my child's play table from took monies immediately but gave no confirmation After following PayPal guidance and procedures I tried to contact etc however nothing came back. The disputes center never responded I have never received this item after 3 months and again I have followed all PayPal guidance but have not had a response Before I was shouted at by the PayPal representative she told me that disputes are still not accepting calls I am so stuck and also I have had enough shouting from the 2 yr old who's toy never arrived. Any suggestions would be gratefully received (Also I am not here to sound difficult or to get into anymore disputes - I just want to get this sorted in a positive way)
Login to Me Too

memyself-i
New Community Member
actually they do not, I was in similar situation with a scam web site yhat turned out to be from china & not the US. Paypal sided with the scam website simply because they sent paypal their proof that I was mailed the item. I tried turning them over to the feds but that failed because that department was slashed by trump in 2016. so no recourse to have the site removed. and that site continues to dupe people.
Login to Me Too

alexmz78
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  Kernowlass user is absolutely wrong.  Paypal claims to investigate your claim and part of the reason is because they are holding the seller accountable, ESPECIALLY when is a seller registered with Paypal.  The sad reality is that Paypal has no intention of doing any investigating.  It is well known now that scammers will provide stolen tracking numbers and then Paypal will just take their word for it.  In my experience, I had email from UPS proving that the tracking number was not for me, but paypal did not care to hear it.  So no, they did not investigate.  The extent of their investigation is to have someone click at the tracking number and say "well, it says it was delivered". 

Paypal is absolutely 100% responsible but taking none of or even trying to appear as if they try to help blocking scammers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.