Dispute with Seller located in China

Jebon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having a dispute case with a Seller located in China. I have escalated the case to PayPal recently as I was unable to arrive at an agreement with the Seller. Briefly, I ordered an item not knowing it's meant for China region only & the Seller never qualified that in their website. Also, I have reconfirmed with the manufacturer office in my country about the item usability in China region only. Yesterday, I received an email from PayPal informing me to return the item to the Seller at my own costs before I can get the full refund. I have disagreed to this proposal by the Seller earlier as I'm of the view the dispute has arisen due to the Seller own mistake for selling the item to a customer located outside of China region. I tried to get in touch with PayPal on the foregoing but there's no avenue for me to do so in the website under the resolution centre whilst, I'm given till July 2, 2021 to close out the case. Can anyone give me some ideas how to go about on this?

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jebon 

Sorry, but that’s how PayPal resolves item not as described disputes. You have to pay upfront to return, with tracking, in order to receive a refund. PayPal cannot refund more than what you originally paid. You can apply for reimbursement of the return costs but you have to be registered with the program first before you open a dispute, I believe. You’ll have to check on that.

If PayPal dispute is not suitable for your needs, give up on the PayPal dispute and file a credit card chargeback and resolve it with your credit card exclusively, if you paid with card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.