Dispute issue

B_pO1246
New Community Member
Ok so I'm trying to refund money but this guy filed a dispute I've been trying to settle it because this customer was been causing me trouble ever since I called him out for lying but that's for eBay. What I'm here for is that I need to prove I am who I say I am I've done every perfectly except the ID part. I don't have any form of passport or ID especially not during this time because of COVID. The only thing I have is my school ID because I'm a senior in high school and my work ID both have my face and name. I've been trying to ask PayPal directly but they haven't responded for hours. I want to know what I can do because this customer is a real jerk and I just started eBay and I don't like stupid stuff like this.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@B_pO1246 

If you are under 18 OR opened the account underage then the account would probably soon be limited regardless of i.d. to be honest.

However if you opened the account over 18 then....

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:

• Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Permanent resident card

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.