Denied Claim

VStecher
New Community Member

I just had a claim denied and I am really confused at how they decision was made.

I ordered 4 catbeds from a company. They were to be made out of felted wool, and they were beautiful with ornate colors that I was able to choose. 

I had no idea this company was in China, there was absolutely nothing in any of the advertising, website, etc., and I had to pay through paypal.

The items took over a month to arrive, and they were garbage. They were not made out of felted wool, they were not the same colors, they were not the same shape, they were complete and total garbage. They were not in any way, similar to the items I purchased. I contacted the seller, no response. I contacted paypal and asked for a resolution. When I tried to make the dispute online, it would not submit. I ended up calling and doing it manually on the phone. I made a note in the dispute that I was not able to submit pictures, but that I had some. I mentioned I was willing to return the items at seller's expense. 

Paypal offered me a 50% reimbursement which I refused because I wanted the entire amount. I felt I had been misled and the advertising was fraudulent. I was also willing to return the items, but had no seller address. 

Paypal never asked to see photos of what I was sent, and they then denied the claim because the "material was similar" and "the item wasn't damaged or missing parts." Also it was not deemed "significantly not as described." How do they know this? They never got pictures from me. They never contacted me. I would never have purchased this junk that I got. I do not understand how they got to the result with the information they had. I'm so very frustrated by this experience. 

I thought purchase protection was to protect the customer.  Quote from paypal... "Buyer protection is to ensure you get what you paid for....get a full refund if the item is not significantly as described." 

So now I'm hold on with them. A one hour hold to talk to a representative. Anyone have suggestions how to reopen this case? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.