Customer service - Dispute

JD2019
New Community Member

Sounds familiar - phoned about a payment being made twice and was given a long diatribe about how Paypal works... no record of the second payment... should take it up with my Bank as must be fraud by a 3rd party... 'Have a lovely rest of your day!'.  Phoned my bank, who recalimed the payment under the Direct Debit Guarantee. Next Paypal 'limit' my account due to my bank reporting suspicious activity. Online chat expresses concern, asks for various documents to pass to the 'back end team' and promises a reply in 72 hours. 4 days later my question asking for an update is closed without being answered. I phone and get to speak to someone who says it takes 7 to 10 working days to deal with a dispute. After 7 days I phone again and get caught in a cycle of recorded messages and all I get is 'the dispute is under investigation'. Every day since I have opened an online chat asking for an update. Every day the question has been closed with no answer. Thankfully, there is no money in my account, however, I will NOT be using Paypal again and will close my account when (if) the limitations are lifted.  Left a negative review on TrustPilot and am appalled at how many other people have similar experiences. It is always said that it is good to use Paypal as it gives Buyer Protection online, but this appears to be totally untrue. Certain Customer Service is almost impossible to access, and pathetic when you do.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.