Crypto: Personal account permanently limited

C3DDAN
New Community Member

Hi. 

I've had a personal PayPal account for many years with no issues. 2 months ago, I saw PayPal offered cryptocurrencies as a payment method.  Because more and more websites allow payment by cryptocurrency, I decided to submit an application to do this.  FYI: I don't sell anything. 

So I submitted online ID and banking info 2 different times.  The email reply I received was

"After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. As a result, we can no longer offer PayPal services to you."

Another email says: "We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services".

I replied to the email asking for any explanation and didn't receive one.  I cannot even use the bank account # or the credit cards that have been linked to that account for years.  I've been on hold 2-3 hours multiple times, haven't gotten through, and been disconnected.

If PayPal doesn't want to allow me to buy cryptocurrency, why does it offer it?  Alternatively, why delete my account in 180 days with no appeal or why not just allow the account to be active the way it was before I submitted an application to buy cryptocurrency. 

This is ridiculous, closing my account apparently from some type of computer decision that doesn't apply.  What options do I have? Thanks for any insight on how to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.