Concert postponed more than 180 days, Paypay won't process a refund because the trx is too old

Smit1
Contributor
Contributor

Go figure! We bought a couple of concert tickets on Eventbrite and paid thru PayPal in February. Then COVID hit, and curtailed the live music scene. So the organizer (Eventbrite) rescheduled the concert a couple times, most recently to Oct 10, 2020. Now they have rescheduled to a date uncertain time in the future. That does not work for me, and I want my money back. But, PayPal says the orig transaction was too long ago for them to offer any assistance. How have others handled this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smit1 

If you paid by credit card through PayPal, try doing a chargeback through your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Smit1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going that route too. The disputed amount is only $73 -- and I have gone through nearly that much in blood pressure medicine since I started the Dispute! Onward we march. Thanks for the quick reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.