Chargeback issue

Halojack57
Contributor
Contributor

I have requested a refund for a game i purchased through paypal from my bank card but the seller is saying he cant send a refund because paypal have blocked chargebacks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Halojack57 wrote:

I have requested a refund for a game i purchased through paypal from my bank card but the seller is saying he cant send a refund because paypal have blocked chargebacks

LOL, how can PayPal block chargebacks on his account. Not possible and the statement does not make sense when you really know how seller/buyer protections and disputes work. Locate the transaction and click "report a problem". IF you already did that, escalate. Chargebacks or bank reversals are issued by the financial institution against PayPal and PayPal holds the recipient responsible and tries to fight the case against the institution but the institution rules on chargebacks and bank reversals, not paypal. Now if the game was a digital good and not a physical game where it has to be shipped by the post, the seller can be protected under certain circumstances. So you filed a bank reversal with your bank and did not file a PayPal dispute? If so, then you'll have to abide by what the bank decides and if you open a PayPal dispute and lose, the bank will likely go with PayPal's decision. Bank reversals don't usually involve disputes over goods, only unauthorized transactions but that ultimately depends on the financial institution.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.