Carrier - Carrier Pigeon, Fake Tracking number

Smart_Sourcing
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

There was recently a claim case opened against us for item not received as described. We shipped a replacement order to the customer as they requested, but the buyer irregardless opened up a claim against us. PayPal decided that we will give refund when they ship the product back to us. Now the carrier is listed as "Carrier Pigeon" and the tracking number is not even a legit tracking number based on the carrier listed.

What am i supposed to respond here?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Smart_Sourcing,

I'm sorry that you've had a case opened by a buyer, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding that @Ragnar_Lothbrok had regarding your post. I'm happy to provide a little information to put your mind at ease.

If the buyer listed an invalid tracking number, the case should close in your favor when the tracking cannot be validated. The system will allow some time for the tracking to show activity, which we obviously know it won't do because the carrier is invalid. I'm sorry that the process will not be immediate. You can contact customer service by using an option listed when you click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and request that the matter be expedited. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Smart_Sourcing 

Thank you for posting.

Please try to reach out to "Carrier Pigeon" and request something in writing from them that will validate that the tracking number is invalid. As soon as you have that evidence available, kindly submit it to PayPal via Resolution Center so we can look into it to fairly adjudicate the case.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Smart_Sourcing
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply, I have done an extensive search on the internet sir, apparently this is just the buyer trying to mislead PayPal. It’s literally just “Pigeon” they have put. Also the tracking is invalid because it’s just random numbers. By asking me to confirm a “Carrier Pigeon” you are discouraging my trust in the dispute process. How can this be allowed that someone is writing pigeon as a carrier?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Smart_Sourcing,

I'm sorry that you've had a case opened by a buyer, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding that @Ragnar_Lothbrok had regarding your post. I'm happy to provide a little information to put your mind at ease.

If the buyer listed an invalid tracking number, the case should close in your favor when the tracking cannot be validated. The system will allow some time for the tracking to show activity, which we obviously know it won't do because the carrier is invalid. I'm sorry that the process will not be immediate. You can contact customer service by using an option listed when you click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and request that the matter be expedited. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.