Seller refuses to refund me

cinher2
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered some items from a site over a month ago and the site made me pay through paypal however I haven’t received my items at all and I can’t seem to find the transaction anywhere on paypal even though its on my bank statement saying “ paypal” and I have the receipt from paypal in my email .  I have contacted the merchant multiple times and they refuse to issue me a refund because they claim the items are being shipped and are delayed because of the pandemic. However the tracking info that I was provided is still saying “ preparing shipment “ and is still overseas at the manufacturing company. I placed the order on march 5th and have a length of emails between me and the seller. I only received one item and I ordered 3. I simply asked for a refund on the two that I did not receive and the seller is refusing! .At this point I don’t think i will be receiving the items because when i first contacted the seller she didn’t even know that they were being shipped separately and had only provided me with one tracking number then when I received the package and only found one item and contacted her she sent me a second tracking number which stated that they were preparing for shipment. Two weeks pass by and nothing comes in the mail and the status hadn’t changed so I contacted her again and she said she couldn’t do anything for me because it was already “shipped” when that wasn’t the case. I’ve waited an additional 2 weeks from my last email to her and still the status has not changed. I received an email from PayPal saying that the seller responded and provided the tracking information stating that my package was delivered and I was confused because this isn't true. So I looked at the email again and noticed that the seller provided you guys the FIRST tracking number from when I only got the one out of three items that I purchased. She didn't give PayPal the second tracking number for the two items that were missing and apparently on "back order" that still say "pending shipment". I believe they did this on purpose just so they don't refund me the money because it is obvious I am not getting the missing orders. Today I received the email from PayPal saying that the seller responded and was willing to give me a full refund if I return the item that was sent to me. but I didn't have a return address to send the item back so I contacted the seller again( who has been ignoring me for some time now ) about obtaining a return address so I can send back the one item and get my full refund when I contacted the seller they rudely explained to me that they would not be accepting returned items from me and I would not be getting a full refund for my purchase. Which to me makes no sense because they told PayPal if I return the one item I got they'd issue me a full refund.I went back and forth with the seller because they're claiming that I indeed received all the items he seller refuses to co-operate with PayPal in issuing me a refund/partial refund and won't give me the return address because since I bought lingerie it's against their rules. My thing is why tell PayPal you will issue me a full refund if you have no intentions in even letting me return the item? The seller claims that they will not accept a return from me or issue me a refund because I am the only person who has ever opened a dispute with PayPal against them! So I guess to them that means this is my fault! I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO !

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @cinher2 

I know how frustrating your situation is and I would be more frustrated if I were on shoe. However, I appreciate your extra efforts contacting your seller and letting them know what your concern is. I am also glad that this concern has been raised through PayPal.

Regardless of what your seller is telling you, PayPal will still be the one who will fairly decide on the case. That said, please double check the email you were sent by Paypal instructing you to return the item to get a full refund as there should be a given return shipping address. Otherwise, please do not contact your seller to get this information to avoid being provided inaccurate information as far as return shipping address is concerned, as we don't want you to ship the item back to nowhere. Instead, contact Customer Service directly and ask for return shipping address. To get there, kindly click Contact near bottom of the PayPal pages to see options available for you to get ahold of a representative.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.