Cannot get funds

Kamealott
New Community Member
I moved recently from France to the UK and so changed my PayPal account as well as the one used for EBay. Little did I know when I sell something on EBay it automatically populated the old PayPal account. I sold a guitar for GBP1000. The money is on hold now and am asked to prove I live in France which I don’t ! If I ask the buyer to request a refund most likely it will be taken out of my UK PayPal account. He then had to buy again. So I owe GBP1000 refund then get GBP1000 and am forced to send the guitar. I end up with nothing and have to send the guitar. And charged most likely twice for the sale and then reimbursed 6 months later... And a GBP1000 credit on a French PayPal account I will never be able to access. I keep calling EBay and PayPal but they can’t tell me what to do!!! Absolutely crazy. So the only option is to get blacklisted from EBay All because EBay populates sales documents with old information
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kamealott 

I expect you missed changing the email address you want paying to on your auction.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is it the old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.