Buyer sends retour, on arrival taxes are asked!

Nextgenfono
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold 4 rare CD's for 174.77€ from Belgium to USA, buyer complaints the CD's have writings on the booklets (which was in the description for all 4 CD's!) and likes to return the CD's which I eventually agreed on for a full refund. Upon arrival in Belgium I suddenly had to pay for 43€ taxes since seller shipped the retour as a SALE and not a RETURN to sender. I did not accept the package because who would pay again for his own material!! I contacted Paypal, first looked for the phone number which was now unavailable, then by chat. No response on my message in 7 days, so I messaged again through chat, again no response, 3 days later I made a new message which then a few days later I finally get a response from Paypal that I should of pay for the taxes because else I'll lose the claim but due to the strong delay in communication from Paypal, the shipment is now already back on the way to sender (buyer). They let me know they can't refund the 174.77€ and that I should of paid 43€ to get my own CD's back??? However buyer paid for 12€ taxes within the original 174.77€ payment and get's that 12€ taxes fully refunded. I believe a lot happened here and it's not fully my fault as I am now out of money, paypal fees, shipping fees AND items! It just does not feel right!!

I'll be scared to even ship more expensive items to outside of EU, what if I ship a 1000€ record and such things happen and I have to pay 250€ or so taxes on an item that I already had to purchase because such rare things are not free!, then also pay for taxes, lose my shipping, .... Unbelievable!

Please let me know what you think and how I should of handled right here..

Best regards,

Nextgenfono

Tags for hopefully a response this time, sorry to bother you but really need a advice! 🙏 :

@michaelwicks54, @kernowlass, @sharpiemarker, @Nuada , @Sparky883,

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.