Partial Refund

DribblyBob
Contributor
Contributor
Firstly, I'm sorry for this long winded explanation. I was selling some car brake calipers on Ebay and I received a message from a chap in Greece saying he'd buy them away from Ebay to save costs which I agreed too, I agreed to the 10% discount which ebay would of charged and he paid PayPal 'a fees and everything went well. On the parcel he said to put as import reason "Gift" to get around import taxes which I did but I also put the cost/value of the calipers as if they were lost or broke while being delivered I could get that cost back, it might of benefitted the buyer to put the lower amount but not me, However, on arrival in Greece they gave charged him (he says) €200 tax before they will release them and now hes quite angry at me saying he specifically asked me not to put the valve on the parcel to avoid taxes, I've tried to explain that I put the value of the item to cover me for loss and I put Gift as he requested and, that I have to put the relative documents to accompany the parcel by law and these are part of the UPS label which isnt making any difference to him, hes still saying it's my fault. Hes refused the pay the tax and the calipers are still in Greece, I've not heard anything from Ups yet but I suspect they'll be returned to me, the buyer wants a refund which I've agreed to but, I've only agreed to refund the calipers and not the cost of shipping which was £48 , he says hes going to open a case against me . Surely he should know the taxes on imports to his own country and that I'm right for putting the value of the item to cover myself, I suspect that if they were lost during transit I wouldn't of heard from him as I wouldnt of been his problem and I've lost £200. Would PayPal see it that way and back me if I just refunded the price of the calipers?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.