Buyer Protection claim denied. What should I do?

tundipolgar
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something from an online business but I changed my mind about the item and wanted to return it. As per the instructions on the trader's website, I opened return requests, called them countless times, emailed them, etc. but no response. I paid for the transaction with PayPal Credit, therefore I cannot involve my bank. I sent a letter with special recorded delivery to the seller as per Trading Standards and Citizen Advice's advice. I still have not heard anything back. The return time period has now obviously passed as well. I opened a claim on here but it was denied. I really do not know how to get my money back if PayPal won't help. Since then I have actually opened up the parcel, the item was a Christmas garland, I thought I might as well use it if I cannot find a way to return it. Upon checking the product I can see that it differs a lot from how it is advertised on their website. I have seen a lot of people complaining about the same product saying the same thing. The company's Instagram posts are flooded with hundreds of other furious customers that I imagine are reporting this trader as well. They are a scam. Any ideas on how to deal with this situation? Please let me know if you have any advice for me. Thank you very much

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tundipolgar 

It would help if you said which claim you opened that was denied if you want further advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.