Why was my claim denied

Missy-s
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I don’t know what PayPal Have against me but I have had some really bad luck with purchases in last 6 months I have had to contact the resolution centre 4 times for items not received or items received but not what I ordered (sunloungers ordered piece of metal in a ring box received) And more recently colour shampoo that did nothing was just a tube of cream. Complained to Company who said if I wanted a full refund I would have to return the goods I said fine ok send address they wouldn’t send address telling me they had offered me 2 partial refunds and so could no longer be of assistance???? So resolution centre I went to and they denied my claim again even though I have proof of items not being as described has anyone else had this problem. When I have called PayPal They tell Me to contact the seller first I explain I have and taken it to resolution centre and they say they have final say nothing more they can do????? I’m now in total out of pocket by £103.70 with all denied claims I had proof was wrong and PayPal denied it anyway
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Missy-s 

Sounds as if you are buying from these?

If so avoid them.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.