Buyer Abuse

savulescu
Contributor
Contributor

Someone claims that someone made an unauthorized transaction after I have sold them something. I dont know what to do to resolve this, I have proof and everything that I have sold my product. I'd appreciate some help since idk who to contact and what to say.....

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@savulescu 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@savulescu 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

savulescu
Contributor
Contributor
He told me he gave his brother the account info and that he was the one i talked to all along, meanwhile i posted the last topic i even got blocked by him, he did not tell me anything about being hacked
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.