Account locked for up to 180 days ????

ky5
Contributor
Contributor

Hey  guys so i sold 3 pc parts on ebay, Ya know stuff that belongs to me!!! The money went on hold for a few days then finally the limits were lifted until i proved who i was... all was fine until i tried withdrawing the money to my bank account which was only because paypal was been weird with a service i use regularly, So i thought oh well just withdraw it and just do it my from own bank instead....ok so far. can take 0-3 days... next day being today i log in to paypal your account has been locked you cant close it nor can you do anything with it due to "We've noticed activity on your account that's not in line with our User Agreement, so we can no longer offer you PayPal service" im completely lost here i have done absolutely nothing wrong and i need my money!!! Anyone that work for paypal can you please help me here.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

NagyMate111
Contributor
Contributor

@-Bill22 @CasimirRoberts @Tims28 @ky5 @tianyiLi 
Hello, I now have the same issue, 180 lock.
"We will hold all amounts in your balance for 180 days, after which we will send you an email with instructions for transferring the money."
For you, what happend after 180 days?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

NagyMate111
Contributor
Contributor

@ky5 
Hello, I now have the same issue, 180 lock.
"We will hold all amounts in your balance for 180 days, after which we will send you an email with instructions for transferring the money."
For you, what happend after 180 days?

Thanks, 

Login to Me Too

Tims28
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, once account is locked, there is nothing you can do, SO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.  I have tried with multiple phone calls, multiple emails, paypal direct messaging.  All I did is waste my time.  They don't care.  THEY WILL HOLD YOUR MONEY FOR A FULL 180 DAYS.  After 180 days they will send you an email with instructions on how to get your money transferred back to your account.  I am still waiting for the period to finish as I have about 2-3 months still to go.  The reason they do this is that, if a customer has a problem with a product that you sold, they have up to 180 to claim from you or paypal, this way paypal can have part or all the funds to refund.  So in future when dealing with paypal transactions, make sure as soon as you make a sale, transfer the funds to your bank account and don't leave any money in paypal OR the bank account linked to your paypal account.   You can obviously set up a new account with a new email address.  Unfortunately, paypal is extremely heavy handed and not negotiable. 

Login to Me Too

NagyMate111
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean you need 2-3 months to go?
I did not sold anything, I refunded and won a case because I been scammed, and the seller did not even responded to the paypal case neither.
After 180 days I will just get an email that I can withdraw or what the process will be? (if you know)
I heard they can hold it for horrible time like months, up to a year.
This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Tims28
Contributor
Contributor

I mean by 2-3 months to go,  is that I have not reached the 180 days yet.  I still have 2-3 months (another 90 days about) to reach their 180 days, and then they (paypal) will email me with instructions on how to get my money back.

The waiting period is 180 days.  (i'm still in the waiting period).

If you still want to use paypal, open another account in a different email address.

Unfortunately, paypal does some stupid things, this is one of them.  If you have money in paypal, you have to wait for the 180 period.  If you don't, move one and open another account.

NagyMate111  asked:
What do you mean you need 2-3 months to go?
I did not sold anything, I refunded and won a case because I been scammed, and the seller did not even responded to the paypal case neither.
After 180 days I will just get an email that I can withdraw or what the process will be? (if you know)
I heard they can hold it for horrible time like months, up to a year.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.