Account locked for up to 180 days ????

ky5
Contributor
Contributor

Hey  guys so i sold 3 pc parts on ebay, Ya know stuff that belongs to me!!! The money went on hold for a few days then finally the limits were lifted until i proved who i was... all was fine until i tried withdrawing the money to my bank account which was only because paypal was been weird with a service i use regularly, So i thought oh well just withdraw it and just do it my from own bank instead....ok so far. can take 0-3 days... next day being today i log in to paypal your account has been locked you cant close it nor can you do anything with it due to "We've noticed activity on your account that's not in line with our User Agreement, so we can no longer offer you PayPal service" im completely lost here i have done absolutely nothing wrong and i need my money!!! Anyone that work for paypal can you please help me here.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ky5

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation issues.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ky5
Contributor
Contributor

I emailed customer service multiple time... no response so i rang them ... they said they cant go into detail and i was to email another part of paypal with an email address starting with bc-info wont type the email adress  incase it gets blocked. I have done that and no response as of yet. Just spoke to someone from ebay and its not from any buyer dispute as they confirmed. Like i said they removed tempory limits i had account was back to normal i payed my ebay fees with paypal then next day blocked and cant use paypal for 180 days. That is really harsh seems as im currently unemployed due to ill health and needed some money to get by but nope. Its very frustrating to say the least. Nothing was wrong until i tried withdrawing the money.

Login to Me Too

ky5
Contributor
Contributor

Still nothing, Not a peep. spoke to a member of the ebay team earlier in the day who confirmed no refunds , charge backs or anything else for that matter has happened or going to happen.Also they sent me a copy of our chat confirming what i am saying now to my email address. all items sold are with the buyers who are happy. So why then are they not responding to me and still holding my money for 180 days. Not one for conspiracy theories but removing all my limitations completely to then block my account the very next morning completely after paying ebay fees (manually not automatic) for simply trying to withdraw my funds is a bit fishy.

Login to Me Too

ky5
Contributor
Contributor

So after A LOT of back and fourth with emails to and from paypal they ask me about 3-4 days ago to send all my ID and stuff (again) But give me no email address or link im supposed to send them to, Cant do it via resolution centre because of the block on my account and now they are not even responding to me. I have made a complaint to the FOS waiting to hear back from them.

Login to Me Too

CasimirRoberts
Contributor
Contributor
Did you later get your money after 180days
Login to Me Too

CasimirRoberts
Contributor
Contributor
Did you later got your money after 180days
Login to Me Too

-Bill22
New Community Member
Anyone who got helped please assist
Login to Me Too

Tims28
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal are extremely hard to deal with.  My sons account was locked as well, we think it's because his 3 months shy of being 18 years old.  I can understand if there is an issue with the account, BUT TO LOCK YOUR MONEY UP FOR 6 MONTHS, THAT'S RIDICULOUS AND A SCAM.  They are using OUR money.  Why don't they organise for 1 month or maybe two.  Why 6 months to release funds, I know that they are worried about someone claiming against paypal, but surely no one is going to claim after 1 months.  If there is an issue, people claim straight away.  Money hungry dogs.

Login to Me Too

tianyiLi
Contributor
Contributor

Im suffering on this situation, different staff says different reason, only thing they got common sense is " im sorry, i can not do nothing"

No one, even bank don't hold the personal money on 180 days. THe customer service are Sh*t, they dont solve problems , they only find the excuse to get rid of the work. i dont know how much the paypal staff earn, but money has ben locked in my account for me a huge. 4500£, i dont know how can i pay rent, or should i call the council to get the refund.

Thats the most  ridiculous o my life, i can not use my own money!  

and I can not understand the limits, when im asking how much my limit, they can not say nothing, if paypal could give a exact amount ,i wont use over it. but without tell me nothing and then blocked my account, how can i satisfing it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.