Account has been blocked

JoelK_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm 18 years old and my paypal account has been blocked due to underage. Recently I've just received an email from Paypal titled 'Paypal appeal denied' saying that my account had been blocked from receiving and transferring money. Surely the account that I was using was registered this year before my birthday (not fully 18 yet). I've tried to transfer my fund to my bank account several times but failed and the reason was 'there is an issue in your account'. Obviously my paypal account is completely locked from any transactions...

I've requested for help through the message center but they've only replied me with those automated messages which are not really helpful. I've sent my replies under those unhelpful emails but so far I didn't receive any help and replies from Paypal yet...

Just wanna ask whether is it possible for me to unblock my account as I'm fully 18 now?

People may ask why I dont just open a new account?

It's because the blocked account is really important to me and it was registered under my main email address which I use to receive funds, and it is unchangable. Opening a new account doesn't seem to resolve my issue here.

Or if I try to close my blocked account, is it possible for me to open another new account with the same email address?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoelK_ 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account?

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoelK_ 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account?

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.