Account Limitation Removal

pravda23
New Community Member

To start, let me say that I've been researching this topic for 2 weeks across many forums (including this one) and in PayPal's automated help service, Facebook groups and through (dead end) phonecall centres. I'm still unable to get detailed information on the required steps to remove my account limitation, and I urgently require a solution!

About 2 weeks ago, after learning about PayPal's subtly communicated payment threshold, I encountered the "account limitation" problem. I received an email initially stating that I needed to submit:

Proof of business registration

Proof of address

Business information

proof-required-01.png

After a few hopeful document submissions and a lot of time in the (rather useless) automated help section and Facebook page, I gathered that was was required was that I needed to scale up my enterprise from an individual account to a business account. Confusingly, however, PayPal appears to label these two categories 'Business Individual' and 'Business Private'. But anyway, a week ago I registered with the local company registrar (the CIPC here in South Africa) and received confirmation of my new private company. Whoohoo:

privatecompany.png

Using the now-familiar policy hub portal, I submitted this business registration document, along with the required proof of address. I wasn't sure exactly what the require business information entailed, so I sent a composite PDF with basically all the official documents I could think of that might be required. It worked! But only for two of the three required documents. Turns out proof of business registration wasn't adequate:

business-info-required.png

The response email was that another document was required: taxpayer status from SARS (South African Revenue Service, like the IRS for SA): 

SARS-required.png

OK, no problem. I'm a law-abiding tax-paying business owner. Here's the proof: 

SARS-certification.png

The next hassle was that the most recent document contained my business name (HEAVY DUTY ENTERTAINMENT, which matches my PayPal business name) but the document doesn't actually state my personal name. All other details are identical to the details submitted in the company registration document. I tried to explain to a representative on Facebook messenger that the local IRS (SARS) apparently does not issue this type of single document, only one which states the company name exclusively:

fb-messenger.png

After re-submitting this document (in hope!), I received I've received this in an email: 

Note : We have identified from your Proof of Business registration document that your business type is Private company. We regret to inform that your business type cannot be changed from Business Individual to Business Private company. You can open a new business account for your new business under the correct business type. You can either close this account or continue to use this for personal use.

Right, so I assume this means that I need to basically start with a fresh PayPal account that's registered as a 'Business Private' account from the start. I changed tactics and took the steps to register this new account with a new email address and everything. The idea was then that I'd be able to transfer my PayPal balance to the new account, which would have no future limitations:

account-private.png

However, challenges continue to escalate. The Account Type listed above appears identical to the account type listed in my current (limited) account: 

account-personal.png

My concern is that I've somehow selected the wrong account type when registering the new account, and that I'm doomed to repeat this all. Is there not a way to check on the account sub-type used during the registration process? It appears that while both accounts are listed as Business, only accounts listed as Business Private will avoid future limitations, hence my registering of an entirely new PayPal account.

Furthermore, I don't understand how I'll be able to perform the switch (ie transferring full balance of [account #1 personal]  to new [account #2 private] without the submitted documents being adequate. I'm currently unable to pay or receive money. How am I supposed to finish this process if my documents keep getting rejected?

Ideally, there would be no need for a second account, and I'd be able to simply verify or somehow upgrade [account #1 personal]. I don't want to have to reset all my payments to various services with a brand new PayPal address. I'm already bleeding cash while trying to fix this problem (2 weeks now). 

What do I do?

Option #1: Please help me verify and/or upgrade my PayPal [account #1 personal] to a business account, with no future limitations. Then, help me actually transfer the funds from [account #1 personal] to [#account 2 business], which currently can't be done.

Option #2: Register another new company with the local registrar, with the company type being not 'Private' but whatever type PayPal is referring to as 'Business Individual' and hope it matches. That way I'd be able to retain my current account. But would that result in future limitations?  

I will do whatever it takes but I need more detailed information from PayPal in this regard please.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.