Cannot Close Limited account.

joshuaimclennan
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to close a fresh account.

I wanted to set up an account for my son so I can deposit $ to his account but he cannot use my credit card etc.

Of course because he is 17 and not 18 it wants me to verify his 18 year old age identity to close it.

I tried verification with his it didn't work, I tried verification with mine and It doesn't accept because of wrong name, I tried to change name I cannot do that either.

So now I just want to close account, and re-open under a 2nd account for myself that he can use.

It says to close the account I have to withdraw funds, (I already deposited funds that cannot be accessed to this account though.)  I cannot cancel my deposit there is no option!... It will not allow me to withdraw or send funds unless I verify Identity,,, which of course it won't accept...

When you go on Paypal help try send a message and there is no option #@!##@!!!@##@

It is like a bloody circle of pain..

Michael.

What am I supposed to do?????????

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joshuaimclennan 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18 to open OR USE a paypal account.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As he would be unable to verify the account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so he would have no recourse to get the money back until he were 18.

Sometimes customer services will transfer the funds to a parents account but that is not guaranteed.

Secondly you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is a business account.

If you open 2 personal paypal accounts then you risk both being limited as that is against paypal rules.

Its also against paypal rules to allow a minor to use a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joshuaimclennan 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18 to open OR USE a paypal account.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As he would be unable to verify the account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so he would have no recourse to get the money back until he were 18.

Sometimes customer services will transfer the funds to a parents account but that is not guaranteed.

Secondly you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is a business account.

If you open 2 personal paypal accounts then you risk both being limited as that is against paypal rules.

Its also against paypal rules to allow a minor to use a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joshuaimclennan
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE make the effort to read...... I already understand what you have written. I AM TRYING TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT i CANNOT again it is like a bloody circle of pain. and so is your response. I CANNOT close the account, I cannot close whilst having funds in the account, I cannot refund those funds, I CANNOT VERIFY THE ACCOUNT because of the wrong details. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW TO CLOSE IT. DON'T continue with circle of PAIN response, I have already done this for hours. Just tell me how to close it !##@@$@@ M.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joshuaimclennan 

Please make the effort to READ yourself as you have already broken paypal rules by NOT reading and opening or allowing a minor to open an illegal underage account.

YOU CANNOT CLOSE A PERMANENTLY LIMITED UNDERAGE ACCOUNT.

YOU CANNOT EVER CLOSE A PERMANENTLY LIMITED UNDERAGE ACCOUNT.

YOU OR YOUR SON CAN NEVER EVER RE-USE A PERMANENTLY LIMITED UNDERAGE ACCOUNT.

Is that clear enough for you??

When he is 18 then paypal may allow either the withdrawal of funds or allow him to make another paypal account and transfer the funds across.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

avcruz
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Please take the time to READ.

Paypal suddenly permanently restricted my account yesterday saying I was a minor when I opened an account (which was 5 YEARS AGO).

I am now 21 years old, turning 22 this year. Paypal won't give me a chance to prove it. I have papers, IDs, everything. 

So okay fine, but I CANNOT let them keep my personal information. They will tell me to just let it go and let all my important info (email address, phone number, bank details, billing address, and national ID) stay here?? And I can't access it? So it's just floating here? LOL what kind of sick joke is this. 

How the hell can I make a new Paypal account when all of my basic information is in this account? I've been a customer here for over 5 years and this is what they do..... What do I do now? Make a whole new identity? 

Either they give me back access to my account or close it so I can make a new one. 
Paypal CANNOT just hold all my information and leave me hanging. THOSE INFORMATION ARE MINE AND NOT PAYPAL'S. 

Login to Me Too

avcruz
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same issue with Paypal keeping me in a circle of senseless automated responses and not actually taking the time to understand what I'm saying and helping me.... My account is still held hostage.. Did they ever help you? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.