15 days since case escalation with no seller response.

LoveInLimbo

Hey. I ordered online from a company and it has been a pretty stressful experience. I opened a PayPal case when my order had not been shipped for over 3 weeks and the seller had not been responding to my messages.  They eventually shipped 27 days after I had placed my order and added tracking details to the PayPal case. I was so happy to finally get some progress with the order. I thought that was the end of it and that the case would be closed once it arrived. When my order arrived (15th June) only 1 of the 2 items I had ordered was there (My order was 2 x $40 lucky grab bags of squishy toys). The 1 bag they had sent only just fit the outside packaging. There was no room for anything more and it would have been impossible for the other bag I had ordered to have fitted inside.

I messaged the seller straight away with pictures of the packaging/contents and my order invoice but received no response (still none). At first I thought maybe it's been sent separately, but the tracking number was tied to this smaller package, I was just being optimistic. I also commented on their social media, and they deleted my comment without response. The case was due to automatically close on 20th June, and I felt I had no choice but to escalate it to a claim (I did this on 19th June) as I had no confidence the seller would resolve it in a matter of days or at all based on their lack of response. I changed it from the order has not arrived to missing parts. I filled out the claim with all details, PayPal timed out and I had to redo it all again.

Originally, I had clicked on a box for $40 / partial refund and I am sure I double checked this when the page timed out, but when the claim was submitted, all I can see is the full $80 amount has been disputed. I was unable to add anything else to the case as it had now changed to "Need Seller's Response." This is now the 15th day since esclating and the case is still reading this. There is no comments/updates/response from the seller at all on the case. I emailed PayPal to ask about the status of the case and explained it has been longer than 10 days with no response from the seller and what would happen next. They replied today saying the case is being reviewed and they have requested more information from the seller.

This is the part I am confused about. How long can they wait for information when it has passed the 10 day deadline? I don't know if they mean they have looked at it since the deadline has passed and have extended the deadline, or something else. The case looks exactly the same as the day it was escalated. I don't know if it's because of the $80 dispute as opposed to $40 partial. I was hoping when the seller responded that they would suggest a partial refund and it could be resolved that way, but they have not responded so there has been no chance for this.

Any input would be very appreciated. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LoveInLimbo

Lots of posts on the same issue in the last few days.

Seems to be a delay on reviewing claims.

You can either wait it out or contact customer services for an update.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LoveInLimbo

Thank you both. It is a relief to know it is not only my case. I thought there was something wrong. Hope everyone gets responses to their cases as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.