error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method"

mandeep7
New Community Member

Hi, my customer are not able to process payment. they're getting the error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method". i'm eagerly waiting to your reply.

thanks

mandeep

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

Hnakrapunt
New Community Member

I do not have a solution for you, but do have a little bit of additional information. I am a user who has experienced this error message (from a different seller). I was able to make payments to other sellers both before and after attempting to pay the seller in question. In each case I was paying with a prepaid ballance on my paypal account, which was more than sufficient to cover the cost.

The message occurs after I click the "Continue" button on the page after I enter my Paypal password.

The full message reads:

"This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

Hopefully this additional info will help narrow down the issue, as I am also eager to pay for (and recieve) the items I was buying.

Login to Me Too

craig31
New Community Member

same here can any1 find out how fix this please i need buy stuff 

Login to Me Too

arunkshrestha

I have exactly the same error! Can someone from Paypal confirm they are looking into this?

Thanks,

Arun.

Login to Me Too

etpete
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem. nothing wrong with my cards or details, just keep getting that stupid error message, about time paypal fixed the problem, also want to send items to philippines address, can't add that address 'cos philippines is not on the list of countries, i think unless paypal address these problems asap, an awful lot of customers are going to go.

Login to Me Too

Achilli
New Community Member

Exactly the same message i get.

There is money in the paypal account, my bank also has enough in there, my paypal account is linked with ebay, my card is verified on paypal, i can make transfers to and from my bank to paypal, i have paid for other items recently away from ebay using paypal successfully.

So there must be an issue with Ebay and Paypal.

As another user said, its right at the point of clicking continue after you've logged into paypal and seen the 'review your information' screen. Payment options loads fine, showing my Instant bank transfer and credit/debit cards (have tried both), but upon clicking continue it gives us the annoying screen of:

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi all, 

I will send this information on to our technical team to take a look for you all. I will update you once I receive a response.

In the meantime can you ask your sellers to send you an invoice or request for payment to see if it may help your payment go through. 

Please keep me posted

Paula 

Login to Me Too

DavidMalta1986
New Community Member

When will this be resolved please? Do we have a time frame?

I am trying to pay for something on bay however I am not able to with this error.

I really do not want to lose this item please. Is the only other way to go around Ebay and Paypal and pay in a very insecure environment??

Please advise

Regards

Dave

Login to Me Too

pae_foe
New Community Member

It is Jan 2013 and this problem remains. I cannot even use 'buy it now', i keep getting redirected back to merchant. Very annoying and frustrating and it is not helping with the buyers reviews when they cannot pay because of paypals problem. Is there a update on them acknowledging this issue???? Are they working on it???

sincerely, a very upset paypal/ebay user

Login to Me Too

limesylimes

Hi! It seems like people are still encountering this problem (including myself, trying to add funds to my playstation network account). Is there any news on what we can do to solve this problem? It's basically made paypal useless to me, so I'm keen to hear updates! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.