Instant Transfer Solution for Canada

CookieCanucki
Contributor
Contributor

For Canadians That Are Unable To Use The Instant Transfer Option In Paypal Canada:

After experiencing personally the aftermath of the no instant transfer option & reading several posts on the subject here and on other internet sites, I decided to crawl out of my cozy little Igloo, print off some interesting posts, that may come in handy at a later date & state my research findings. 

I am going to be doing some quoting here so bear with me..

In a post from Paypal Frank(Admin) on this site, he states & I quote:

"Canadians do not typically receive bank cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo.
 In the US, most banks issue cards with those logos which makes them compatible with PayPal." 

And Chicki did some posting back in July as well on the availability of the Debit/Credit logo cards.

She found that some Credit Unions do offer the Dedit/Crebit Cards with a Mastercard logo.

I found out that CIBC also offers Credit/Debit Cards with a Visa logo, called Advantage.

According to my  CIBC bank where one of my chequing accounts is, they offered & gave me the Debit/Credit Card with the Visa logo on it & quoted directly from their website...."is accepted at stores and in the U.S. and around the world where Visa cards are accepted & also is accepted by U.S. and international online, telephone and mail order retailers that accept Visa cards.

Before anyone goes off saying I don't need a credit card: The card withdraws the funds from your checking account just like an instant transfer would.

These are the EXACT same cards that a U.S. person would have been issued by their bank, that I quoted above.

Acquiring one of these cards, will make us compatible with Paypal right Frank. 

Can't wait.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Cookie -

Well, I'm no Frank, but I wanted to stop in and say ..... that you are 100% correct. 

If you can acquire a Visa or MasterCard logo branded card, you can add this just like a credit card (you even select the add a credit card option) and that will enable the Instant Transfer option.  This is even if it is technically a bank card and comes right out of your bank balance. 

Good job researching!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.