How do you use paypal balance to pay for ebay?

Hi i recently recieved a refund with ebay, how do i use this balance to pay for items on ebay?

Also it says i have a balance of 39.08 is this the amount i have available to spend?

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

PayPal_paula

Hi sophiemummy201, 

If your balance is showing at 39.08GBP this would be the amount of funds you can spend without your funding sources being charged. 

To use your balance just follow your normal payment flow such as paying normally for your eBay item and it will automatically take payment from your PayPal balance. If you do not have enough funds in your balance to cover the transaction, PayPal will use the funds from your balance and request the rest from your registered card or bank account. 

I hope this helps explain

Paula 

Login to Me Too

mlado
New Community Member

Well, not really.

I have 5.85 USD on my PayPal account. I just bought an item on eBay for 5.29 USD and paid using the standard procedure. The money is always taken from my credit card. My PayPal balance stays the same all the time.

Am I missing something?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mlado,

Thanks for coming back to the UK Community Form and updating us!

Can you please advise if you have a UK Account? Based on the information you provided and you mentioned that you using a USD balance, it doesn’t sound like you do! In some countries, you can send money using your card but not your balance. Here’s a link to some more information on this, I hope it helps.

Maria 

Login to Me Too

crawfora

Yea, this just happened to me as well. What's up with that?

Login to Me Too

Delba
Contributor
Contributor
Me too . It doesn't work the way described above.
Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

i have tryed more then few times and i cannot pay because i dont have enough money at bank acount. i have more then enough at paypal balance but was impossible to pay. i dont have possibility to pay through balance (dont have any option except bank card)?

also, i have received refund from ebay seller (product doesn t come) but i dont have those amount count to my paypal balance (near those item/moneyreport   staying "Payment settlement "

Login to Me Too

Spectrums
New Community Member
I'm trying to buy something on eBay for $29 and I have a PayPal balance of about $33 but it says I can't pay for it without a card linked to my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

truthplease
Contributor
Contributor

try putting the product into your basket first and then pay for it... might work... has for me in the past...

Login to Me Too

lukapaunovic
New Community Member

If you are paying for something in GBP and you have balance in USD (or other currency) and you want to pay your order with balance + credit card or only balance

you first need to log into your PayPal account, create GBP currency and convert your balance to that GBP currency.
After doing that I was able to pay with my balance + credit card instead of only using my card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.