How do you use paypal balance to pay for ebay?

Hi i recently recieved a refund with ebay, how do i use this balance to pay for items on ebay?

Also it says i have a balance of 39.08 is this the amount i have available to spend?

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have the option "pay after delivery" activated then it will always take from your bank account rather than your paypal balance.

However if you click on the "withdraw funds" tab you can transfer the funds to your bank account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Amde
New Community Member

I have also the same problem. I have tranfered money from my bank account to my paypal account. But, I could not use the paypal balance to buy items from ebay. It asked me to withdraw from my bank account not from my paypal deposited money. If I can not use thebalance, why do i need to deposit money in paypal? please if you have solutions forward.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You never need funds in your paypal balance as a buyer.

Paypal will take direct from whatever funding source you have linked to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

i m mad of it. first i canot pay with paypal balance, then at my balance cannot find refunded money from seller. ugh, its toooooooooooo much losing hours to find to solve problem. im lucky only because thats not big amount, around 15 US$. in other case its not the best recomendation for online service 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You won't be able to use your paypal balance to pay if you use "pay after delivery" as that option is only available if you fund the payment from your bank account..........not sure if that applies to you.

Also you are posting on the UK board but talking of a refund in dollars........if you are refunding then normally the refund currency must be in the same currency as what is in your paypal balance. 

Not sure if that helps you but thought it might.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

when im goin to pay only is possible option to pay with credit card (dont have any other open Funding Option)

i m paying directly from ebay (not after delivery)

@kernowlass wrote:

You won't be able to use your paypal balance to pay if you use "pay after delivery" as that option is only available if you fund the payment from your bank account..........not sure if that applies to you.

Also you are posting on the UK board but talking of a refund in dollars........if you are refunding then normally the refund currency must be in the same currency as what is in your paypal balance. 

Not sure if that helps you but thought it might.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry not sure what you mean, if you only have a credit card linked to your paypal account then how can you pay any other way??

Or are you saying you have funds in your paypal balance and paypal are not taking it from there?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

yes, i have credit card but also some money at paypal acount from where i want to pay first.

@kernowlass wrote:

Sorry not sure what you mean, if you only have a credit card linked to your paypal account then how can you pay any other way??

Or are you saying you have funds in your paypal balance and paypal are not taking it from there?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

are the funds in your paypal account balance in the same currency as the person you want to send to accept?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mitchklc
Contributor
Contributor

yes. i realy don t know is it question of ebay or paypal. al in us$

@kernowlass wrote:

are the funds in your paypal account balance in the same currency as the person you want to send to accept?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.