How do you use paypal balance to pay for ebay?

Hi i recently recieved a refund with ebay, how do i use this balance to pay for items on ebay?

Also it says i have a balance of 39.08 is this the amount i have available to spend?

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

PayPal_paula

Hi tehre jalle007, 

Do you have a UK account? If so then you should have the option to use your balance to fund your payments. From reading your post and the fact you mention you have to withdraw your funds and have them added again using your card it sounds like you have an account in a country that doesn't allow this option. Some countries do not have the option to use their balance to fund their payments. Only a registered card can be used. If this is the option in your country then I'm afraid we cannot change this as this would be the agreement we would have in place with your country. 

We are always changing and updating things on PayPal so you never know this could change in the future. 

Thanks, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

jalle007
Contributor
Contributor

So its specific to the country .But thats nowhere stated.

I got a refund $!000 which I need to use to purchase something else.

Now I am FORCED to withdrwaw that amount to bank and then use it to pay for the stuff.

That is robery.

2nd thing. I am trying to reply to a message in my paypalinbox. All I get is some script error.

image.png

How to you explain this ?What should I do, to Kill it ???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

We recommend clearing your cache/cookies and trying a different internet browser.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Parasprite
New Community Member

I'm US but this is a top search result on google, so I'm putting this here for future US users as well since this is how they are going to find it too. I don't know which other regions this works for but it's worth a try. I don't see why it wouldn't work unless the new website isn't rolled out there yet.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/payments

Online purchases -> Change

Set to Paypal balance (mine was set to bank)

Note: You also might have Paypal listed under Pre-approved payments, just note that this is only for seller fees and has nothing to do with ebay purchases.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.