How do you use paypal balance to pay for ebay?

Hi i recently recieved a refund with ebay, how do i use this balance to pay for items on ebay?

Also it says i have a balance of 39.08 is this the amount i have available to spend?

Login to Me Too
83 REPLIES 83

terrydavies
New Community Member

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terrydavies

You don't, amazon does not offer paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TracyPeyton
New Community Member

I use usd and I can not usemy paypal balance. When I go to pay for something it does not gime me the option to pay with my balance only my card and say I have $6.50 in my paypal balance and $0.44 on my card and Iwant to pay foran item thats $3.02 it will continue to deny my purchase when I clearly have enough through my balance. It'sbegining to get quite frustrating. Can you please help me? 

Login to Me Too

i have the same problem.plz give me a soluation 

Login to Me Too

zmlakic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello same problem here.

I'm trying but they just offer me a credit card.

How to resolve this ?

Thanks,
Zoran

Login to Me Too

mtndogpilot
New Community Member

Each time I buy something on eBay, the PP window comes up and it defaults to paying with my credit card.  I always want to use my PP balance first, and I must change it to use my PP balance.  Is this a default setting I can change.

Also, today I was purchasing something and again wanted to use my PP balance and also my Ebay Bucks.  As usual, I changed the payment method to PP Balance, but then as soon as I selected my eBay Bucks the payment method was changed back to my credit card.  How can this be fixed?

Login to Me Too

Delba
Contributor
Contributor
It doesn't work that way. It tells me card declined and won't use my balance. It encourages me to apply for a credit card
Login to Me Too

MajaCro
New Community Member

Hello, I also have the same problem. I've got 5.85 US dollars on my PayPal account and want to buy an item that cost 2 dollars but it seemd I can't use my balance for it, it only charges my card.

Can somebody help me?

Login to Me Too

Lonewolf99

I had the same problem and it seems you have to convert your available funds to whatever your default fund is.  My default fund was CAD, and I had 4.00 USD available on my Paypal balance which I couldn't use to pay for eBay items.  I went and clicked on "Details" in the available funds, then "Manage Funds".. Converted the $4 USD funds into CAD (my set default)... then voila!  it worked!  

Login to Me Too

myeika
Contributor
Contributor

I too have the same problem!

I had a payment in from the US, which gave me a balance of £10.25 I have purchased items from eBay to find that I still have a PP balance of £10.25 ???

I can't understand why this balance wasn't used?

Please help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.