Error message at ebay checkout

BubblesUK
Contributor
Contributor

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I have tried to pay for items purchsed on ebay using my paypal account but everytime I get the above message I have £68.00 in my paypal balance and money on in the accounts linked to paypal so not sure what the problem is

Login to Me Too
189 REPLIES 189

Errno
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I have read through multiple topics of the same issues, yet it is funny that everyone always say it's the card issuers fault. I am having the error "We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).".

This time do not say it is my card issuers fault since I haven't even linked a card to my account. I have only got balance to my account from a friend who sent me money directly from his paypal.

So, what's the problem?

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

This is for everyone whos having problems paying with paypal. hopefully this will shed some light as to why.

If you payment wont go thru its due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1. the payment was declined by bank/card issuer

2. the payment was stopped by paypals security system.

if 1, then check that the card details are correct on paypal. also check you card hasnt expired. if this isnt the problem, phone the bank and ask for the online authorisation dept. they will till you why it was declined.

if 2, paypal blocked it as they suspected it was risky or fraudulent. they cant override the system so no use phoning and yelling at them. try a different card if you have one. if that does nt work trying waiting 24 hours. if still no joy try the following:

1. verify your bank account if not already done

2. ask the person/company to send you a money request and pay directly through it

3. top up your paypal balance and try the payment

hopefully this helps a little

Login to Me Too

Errno
Contributor
Contributor

No. 

1. I have no bank account linked.

2. I have waited over 24h

3. I AM trying to pay from my paypal funds which are enough to cover the payment.

4. It is same no matter where I try to pay and I will need PayPal in the future, I can't ask every company to accept direct payment.

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

its not going to happen to every payment its just this one thats the problem. i would add your bank account and try to pay from it or do the request an invoice option

Login to Me Too

Breifne
New Community Member

Im trying to buying items on ebay but when i try to pay for them its saying payment can not go through and to contact merchant? is it still happening with you? its so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

sullen
Contributor
Contributor

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

ebay Total:$399.98    money on the card is, what is the problem ?

Login to Me Too

deadpie
Contributor
Contributor
Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

well there isn't any other payment method on the website i'm using.. Paypal is always having problems. I read through all 14 pages and even found an administrator's reponse (he had nothing useful to say). This is just absolute garbage. 

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

im going to keep posting this until people actually read it

This is for everyone whos having problems paying with paypal. hopefully this will shed some light as to why.

If you payment wont go thru its due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1. the payment was declined by bank/card issuer

2. the payment was stopped by paypals security system.

if 1, then check that the card details are correct on paypal. also check you card hasnt expired. if this isnt the problem, phone the bank and ask for the online authorisation dept. they will till you why it was declined.

if 2, paypal blocked it as they suspected it was risky or fraudulent. they cant override the system so no use phoning and yelling at them. try a different card if you have one. if that does nt work trying waiting 24 hours. if still no joy try the following:

1. verify your bank account if not already done

2. ask the person/company to send you a money request and pay directly through it

3. top up your paypal balance and try the payment

hopefully this helps a little

Login to Me Too

ogglebog
Contributor
Contributor

have tried repeatedly to pay for a big ticket ebay item as a birthday gift for my son; I have got every kind of error message described and more. My paypal is verified, it has adequate funds added, my bank account and credit card are linked to the account and i don't have any problems with them. i have tried to contact seller to arrange different payment as suggested above but the ebay 'ask a question' tab says that as they handle 100s emails a day i cant contact seller directly. this is ridiculous. i have also tried paying directly by both debit and credit card without any success. sometimes i get an error message saying that the transaction is associated with a different account. I'm weeping here. please someone help!

Login to Me Too

kreez
Contributor
Contributor

This actually works! For those recieving this error and have a Mobilephone capable of using the ebay app, then try completing your transaction through the app, its simple to maneuver around and fairly self explanatory. 

Try this if you can, i had the same problem and it seemed nothing i did would succeed. But for some reason this worked so i reccomend trying this and it should work, other than that try find some way of contacting the seller and letting him/her know of your problem so they understand as to why you can't pay promptly. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.