BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

PeterVT
Contributor
Contributor

Likewise, when I called to cancel my account, I was told immediately that it was closed. I then, within 2 minutes, received email saying that I had changed my mailing preferences. This suggested to me that I still had an open account (can a closed account have mailing preferences?) So I called Customer Services again, and was told that my account was indeed showing up as closed (good) but that they don't send an email to confirm this (strange, especially when the system is already automated to send out irrelevant email). I tried insisting, and the representative offered to send me a letter to confirm closure (OK, but wouldn't email be simpler and cheaper?) Now you know where all those excess payments are going! I'll await the letter with bated breath ...

Login to Me Too

dejvac

hi, did you get the letter from them? Today I requested also one. are they going charge for postage? thank you

Login to Me Too

PeterVT
Contributor
Contributor

Letter arrived (as indicated in my follow-up post), confirming account closed. No charge for this. And all communication from BML seems to have stopped. In other words, SUCCESS!

Login to Me Too

Rjolivera

Thank you for this information. Thank you for keeping us informed. But really, you should know, it's very misleading and confusing, that you think you are using BML to pay for something, and then never find out if you got declined or accepted till much later. Then money comes out of your account thinking it was paid for by BML. It should let you know, sorry you have been declined, or we need more time to approve you, please pick another form of payment. 

Login to Me Too

pepsi32011
New Community Member

well i was going to open a account thru bill me later not now i think ill stick to paying cash for everything!!!!!!!!!...thanks to all the insight i read!!!!!!!..they wont be misleading this gal!!!!!!! ....thanks again and god bless!!!

Login to Me Too

studio47

Good for you. If you are the victim of a cyber criminal they will close your account and  you can NEVER EVER open another account with BillMeLater.

Login to Me Too

jyarwood
New Community Member

Honestly, I've bought many things through BML, paid off the account and have bought more things on it just recently with no problems ever.  If you are on time with your payments it's really a great program.  It's kind of like a layaway program with interest and not really any different than using a credit card.  And no I don't have any relations to BML at all.  I'm just a satisfied customer.  

Login to Me Too

spugmonkey
New Community Member

I used BML for most of my Christmas shopping this year and have had no problems at all. If you use it just pay it off. Its that easy. If you cant afford to pay for it stay away. Like any credit card if you ar late you have to pay late fees.

I like the convenience of it and will continue to use it. (not abuse it).

Login to Me Too

But should it be so difficult in this computer age to not have to actually call a place to cancel this. And what is up with only having your bank account as an option to pay?

Login to Me Too

NyxVirtus

The idea of paying with checking only for current accounts is simply the ideal that credit should not be paid by credit.  That's how people get into trouble paying for credit with credit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.