BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Amanda411

Hi All,

Welcome!

If you are considering closing your Bill Me Later (BML) account, you need to call BML at 866-528-3733 between 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern time, 7 days a week, to let them know you are closing your BML account.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

MrMantra
New Community Member

Hi...Bill me Later...is BS....They wined and dined me over to BML.PayPal was always fine..I paid right away....noissues at all...I was late to pay my $37.98 bill and I was assessed a 25.00 late fee....I'm cancelling this scam...It's **bleep**

Login to Me Too

decodenny
Contributor
Contributor

All the previous posters are correct. This outfit is hideous. The customer is charged interest or fees on their payments regardless if they paid them off early or on time. It reflects poorly on the seller (you) because the customer thinks that you are part of the scam.

Login to Me Too

hsu

My original bill was 13 dollars, with credit in my paypal account, and today I received my first bill from them for 66 dollars!!!  When I called to try and straighten out the issue, an agent who said his name was Ian was extremely rude and contentious.  When I asked for a supervisor he had conveniently said none were available.  When I pressed further, he then took down my number and said one will call me back within 48 hours (when my number is already on the file).  So I proceeded to try and hang up with him but he kept coercing me to pay over the phone and refused to let me hang up.  I told him I wanted to talk to the supervisor before making a payment, but he kept repeating "PAY NOW OR PROMISE TO PAY NOW!" and will not let me off the phone.  He was very rude and even contradicted himself many times about the account payments trying to mislead me.  This company is indeed a true scam, I am going to try to close my account as soon as possible.  DO NOT deal with them if you can.

Login to Me Too

cmaypay
Contributor
Contributor

I went in to check my Bill Me Later balance after using it for the last three months.  checking my statements, I thought I had paid over $400 on my account, but it says I have made no payments.  Guess I will check my bank account and see if any money transferred to them.  I am confused.  I thought Pay Pal took the payment for Bill me Later, now I see it is a separate credit card and you get a limit to use, so that went on my credit report.  I had a few large purchases I wanted to defer until Sept. and now everything I do or buy is going on Bill me Later like it is a credit card purchase along with the deferred purchases.  I was sure that I had paid through pay pal for the small amounts and they are on my credit card with Bill me Later.  So now I am going to have to go over everything I bought and see where I paid it or if I charged it.  I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL.  i WASN'T AFTER ANOTHER ACCOUNT, I JUST THOUGHT PAY PAL WAS OFFERRING A SERVICE TO LET ME PAY LATER AND THE BALANCE I WOULD OWE WAS THROUGH PAY PAL AND BILLED LATER WHEN I ASKED TO PAY BILL IN FUTURE.  I FEEL SO MESSED UP AS NOW I HAVE OVER AN $800 PLUS BILL AND IT IS PAY LATER AND PAY NOW.  IF YOU DON'T CHECK AND SEE WHAT YOUR BALANCE IS ON BILL ME LATER, YOU COULD MISS A PAYMENT AND GET BAD MARK ON CREDIT REPORT AND A LATE FEE APPLIED TO BILL ME LATER AMOUNT OWED.  I AM FURIOUS.  THEY SHOULD SEND OUT ITEMIZED STATEMENTS, SO US CONSUMERS KNOW JUST EXACTLY WHEN PAYMENT IS DUE BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW.  LUCKY THAT MY BILL IN MARCH WAS BILL ME LATER IN SEPTEMBER OR I WOULD HAVE LATE FEES AND BAD CREDIT MARK.  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT THROUGH PAY PAL TO PAY BILL ME LATER.  I WENT TO THE STEPS IT SAID AND I AM STILL CONFUSED.  I AM JUST GOING TO PAY THE FULL AMOUNT AS FAST AS i CAN AND NOT USE IT EVER AGAIN.  I WANT MY EBAY PAY PAL TO TAKE MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT, NO CHARGING AT BILL ME LATER, IT IS TO EASY TO FORGET AND RACK UP A HUGE AMOUNT OWED. I HAD SOME ACCOUNT PUT ME ON BILL ME LATER ON JEWELRY TELEVISION, SO THAT IS CONNECTED TO PAY PAL ALSO AND EBAY.  EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BILL ME LATER ON THEIR CREDIT CARD WHEN I PURCHASE PRODUCTS I WANT.  YIKES.  I DON'T LIKE IT AND THINK I GOT HOOKED INTO SOMETHING I DIDN'T ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND.  LOOKS LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAME PROBLEM.  OH YEAH, TEN DOLLAR CREDIT.  THEY CAN DO THAT, THEY JUST PAY THAT SMALL AMOUNT TO YOUR VENDOR AND YOU GET CHARGED LATE FEES YOU DON'T KNOW ARE COMING, THEY GET THEIR MONEY BACK AND REAL QUICK IF YOU FORGET YOU OWE IT.  CAROL MAY

Login to Me Too

madashel1

Yes, they prey on people like vultures hoping you don't read their information just their name bill me later is false advertising!

Login to Me Too

mawbbb
New Community Member

Very helpful information Amanda, thank you.  They closed my account for me immediately.

Login to Me Too

jfbaker8
Contributor
Contributor

HI

WHO DO YOU CALL,  I MEAN WHAT TELEPHONE NUMBER?   PLEASE HELP:!

THANKS,

JIM

Login to Me Too

mazarnelli
Contributor
Contributor

Call BML at Contact Us between 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern time.

Login to Me Too

choicesabound2u
Contributor
Contributor

1-866-528-3733 Press 0 to speak to an account representative

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.