BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

fydlstyx
New Community Member

They told me to go to my "Pay Pal Wallet" and select a new default payment preference.  There's no **bleep** such thing as a Pay Pal Wallet, and my default shouldn't have been changed without my authorization anyway.  Bill Me Later is committing fraud and Pay Pal is duplicitous in this fraudulent activity.

Login to Me Too

lookin4you777
Contributor
Contributor

I dont even recall signing up for this payment feature.  I discovered charges that I thought were being billed to my debit card and not to bill me later.  I like you would like to discontinue this payment method as well.  I don't like the idea of loggin into my paypal account to discover I have growing obligations (billings) racked up on the bill me later feature. 

Login to Me Too

Dlynne
New Community Member

I signed up for Bill Me Later and I have not had a problem with it. Also, I was able to choose what I wanted to make my default payment and I still keep it coming from my bank account and have not had any issues. I have only bought 2 things using Bill Me Later and have not been charged with anything besides that. Sometimes I think people do not pay enough attention, they start filling their name out and ta-da you have a new account that you didn't want because YOU WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION!!!

Login to Me Too

PeterVT
Contributor
Contributor

Sure, there are inattentive people out there, and some of those may have signed up for BML by mistake. But please read all the comments from those who can describe their exact procedures - because they DO pay attention to what they are doing - and STILL end up with their default payment system being altered not at their command, or STILL end up with overdue charges simply because they were never presented with a bill, or STILL cannot find a way to cancel BML, because there's no readily available way to do so online (even though signing up for it seems to be amazingly easy).

I don't doubt that some people have had positive experiences with BML, but to label everyone who has had a bad experience as "inattentive" is not only insulting but also likely to be wide of the mark. I re-state my previous comment that any company (BML in this case) which can offer such vastly different experiences to different people is clearly doing something wrong, or at least something that is not transparent. Whether this arises because of systematic incompetence or deliberate policy remains to be seen.

Login to Me Too

JORDASH
Contributor
Contributor

Right, That's what I said, I'm old & unattentive, don't see the whole screen like I use to, yet  I find that if you know the BML RULES, follow them & make your payment on time, it can be an ASSETT.  More beneficial than harmful!     But I don't write off all these complaintants as incompetent!     I believe (BML) really does skirt the CREDIT CARD rules!    (DELIBERATELY) for capital gains!  No real rules for credit cards until just recently.   They skirt them by not being one!  Credit Cards & INS & Health Insurers (CAPITALIZED) a lot by not properly informing their customers.  It is EBAY"S reputation that most of us find hard to fathom!   You mention PAYING ATTENTION!    I MENTION AGING!

At any age, spending your money, can be made "TOO EASY".

Maybe that's why I was afraid of LINKING BML & EBAY.

EACH were already PLENTY EASY!   So I said (NO)!

That appears to be where most of the problems comes from!

AMAZON is always under PRIME VIDEOS & others, asking me to sign up for ((1) CLICK ORDERING)!

I can't believe it!   It is TOO slick already.  It would be WAY WAY Too easy to make a mistake!

Like you, my (BML) lies there at the bottom not bothering me!

I can use it if I want to!

Login to Me Too

dofusdo
Contributor
Contributor

I have not had any bad experience with BML but have found it so confusing that I have been trying to cancel it with no success.  Any company that is not hiding something will give you the oppurtunity to cancel an association with that company.  I smell fish all the way from MD.  I may have to cancel my EBAY account and PayPal account altogether to get this accomplished.  If so I may never open up an account with either again.  I got along without a TV, phone and inside plumbing.  I can get along with out them too!!

Login to Me Too

mazarnelli
Contributor
Contributor

It is true that they don't make it easy to cancel, but it's NOT impossible! I know because I just did it. Just call PayPal and ask to be transferred to BILL ME LATER. They said that it must be done verbally-you can't do it over the computer. To me this doesn't make sense because you open the account online so why can't you close it online?

Login to Me Too

dustin_writes

I just drafted a letter. I'm going to use the mail to cancel mine. They keep hijacking my purchases. It makes me furious.

Login to Me Too

ladybell

this keeps happining to me too! just when I think my BillMeLater account is about paid I see more charges, those were to have been paid by my bank through PayPal so which one is responsible?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.